Topic: Defend Tor Aendris / Sack Tor Aendris

Hello guys,

I am new to the game, so apologies for most probably a silly question, but the wording on Defend Tor Aendris and Sack Tor Aendris is a little bit confusing to me.

As it says, it relates to "any unit questing here". Does that mean that multiple units can be questing on that quest at the same time? Other quest cards usually refer specifically "the unit questing", so I'm a tad confused. And probably trying to read too much between the lines smile

Thanks for your time,
Bazinga

Re: Defend Tor Aendris / Sack Tor Aendris

No, it doesn't mean multiple units can quest.  Though its possible a future card could allow multiple units to be on that quest at the same time.  It should have just said "any unit questing here" like all the other quests do.

Thanks a lot for clarification!

And since I'm a resourceful bastard, another question smile

The rulebook's turn sequence states about the Capital Phase:

A player is considered to be taking an action when playing a unit or support card from his hand (or when playing a card face down as a development) during the capital phase. The other player may still take actions (play tactics or trigger card abilities) during this phase, but only the active player is permitted to play unit, support, and quest cards from his hand.

So let's say I have 2 units (Unit A, Unit B) that I want to put into play in my capital phase. My opponent has Asuryan's Cleansing. Is it possible then, that after I put the first unit (Unit A) into play, my opponent can play Asuryan's Cleansing directly after that (sort of interrupting me before I play Unit B)? Or does he have to wait until I play all of my units (and other cards I wish to play in my Capital phase) and only then he is able to play his actions?

Last edited by Bazinga (2012-10-03 18:26:33)

Bazinga critically hits Forum users with Silly question.
Forum users are stunned!
roll

Last edited by Bazinga (2012-10-09 14:00:07)

If your opponent wants to use Asuryan's Cleansing on Unit A, he must do so in response to you PLAYING Unit A. The wording you quoted from the rule book is saying that during your Capital Phase, you, as active player, can play units, supports, quests, and now Legends (but not your opponent). According to the FAQ, playing these cards during your Capital Phase are each considered a "limited" form of action, in that they start an action chain, but cannot be played in response to anything.

Therefore, when you PLAY Unit A, an action window opens, and if your opponent does not use that time to play Asuryan's Cleansing, he will not be able to play it later on Unit A. If, in your example, Unit A enters play, the opportunity for your opponent to play Asuryan's Cleansing will have passed and he cannot legally play it until you PLAY Unit B or some other card. Remember that there is a difference (or timing gap) between playing a card (spending its costs and placing it in a chain from hand) and it coming into play or resolving.

Last edited by bitva (2013-06-15 20:24:05)

Thanks a lot for the clarification! smile