Topic: Importing Cards into Decks

I'd like to suggest some changes to the interface when importing cards into a deck. 

First, perhaps the default should be changed to NOT add the cards into inventory when doing so?  Or at least make it customizable?  As I've already entered my entire collection, odds are that creating a deck won't involve me adding cards into my collection in the process.  I just had to go through and remove a number of cards after doing so accidentally.

Second, how about the option to automatically add any cards in the deck that you don't yet have into your wishlist?  If you're creating a deck there, it might suggest that you want to play the deck, and if you don't have the cards, you'll need them to play.

Finally, when doing the import into the text box, perhaps recognize the word "Sideboard" in the text, and add everything after it to the sideboard instead of the main deck?  Or at least offer a similar import directly into the sideboard?

Re: Importing Cards into Decks

evilangela wrote:

First, perhaps the default should be changed to NOT add the cards into inventory when doing so?  Or at least make it customizable?  As I've already entered my entire collection, odds are that creating a deck won't involve me adding cards into my collection in the process.  I just had to go through and remove a number of cards after doing so accidentally.

You might be right...
I usually use the "quick add" input to add cards to decks as I get instant feedback after adding the card, and that does not add cards to inventory as well.

Hmm... I'll have to think about it a bit...

evilangela wrote:

Second, how about the option to automatically add any cards in the deck that you don't yet have into your wishlist?  If you're creating a deck there, it might suggest that you want to play the deck, and if you don't have the cards, you'll need them to play.

Finally, when doing the import into the text box, perhaps recognize the word "Sideboard" in the text, and add everything after it to the sideboard instead of the main deck?  Or at least offer a similar import directly into the sideboard?

Yep, these 2 are good ideas, noted.

P.S. I know it's been a quiet couple of weeks, and I keep promising features without delivering, but the trade feature is almost done, I'll have a sneak preview to show you guys at the end of this week probably tongue

Re: Importing Cards into Decks

sebi wrote:

You might be right...
I usually use the "quick add" input to add cards to decks as I get instant feedback after adding the card, and that does not add cards to inventory as well.

Hmm... I'll have to think about it a bit...

My two decks so far are cut-and-paste deals from other websites, so the import text box is the easiest way to go.   (Yeah, yeah, it's kinda lame, but I've been out of MTG for 10 years, so I need place to start playing constructed and learning the environments before I go and build my own decks! smile )

sebi wrote:

P.S. I know it's been a quiet couple of weeks, and I keep promising features without delivering, but the trade feature is almost done, I'll have a sneak preview to show you guys at the end of this week probably tongue

Hehe, looking forward to it - the sooner I have more reason to encourage others to use this place, the better, right?