Topic: {Standard} Tokens

Would like to know what people think?

http://deckbox.org/sets/404332

Thanks for input

Re: {Standard} Tokens

For tokens, really, the biggest name out there for the time being is Junk Tokens (so that's white, green, and black).  That gives you access to the mother of all token producer cards, Lingering Souls.  Additionally, Sorin, Lord of Innistrad fits in nicely, offering a solid token producer while also potentially offering a few power bumps with his emblems.

Take a look on TCGplayer's decks section and you can likely find a few junk tokens decks that are actually doing quite well out there these days.  I would seek to emulate them if I were you and you're really interested in going that route.

Re: {Standard} Tokens

There are some great token decks out there.  See the article/decklist below. It's hard to beat the junk aristocrats decklist when it comes to tokens.  I think I prefer a couple sorin lord of innistrads in this list though. His emblem is pretty crazy with tokens like lingering souls.  I think if you want tokens this is the way to go instead of trying fo the advent strat.

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=11235

Junk Aristocrats by Dani_Castillo
Main Deck

Sideboard
4 Blood Artist
4 Cartel Aristocrat
4 Doomed Traveler
3 Skirsdag High Priest
3 Varolz, the Scar-Striped
4 Voice of Resurgence
4 Young Wolf
Creatures [26]
2 Garruk Relentless
Planeswalkers [2]
4 Lingering Souls
4 Tragic Slip
Spells [8]
2 Gavony Township
4 Godless Shrine
2 Isolated Chapel
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Sunpetal Grove
4 Temple Garden
4 Woodland Cemetery
Lands [24]
Deck Total [60]

3 Abrupt Decay
2 Barter in Blood
3 Deathrite Shaman
2 Obzedat, Ghost Council
2 Profit // Loss
3 Sin Collector
Sideboard [15]

Now about your advent of the wurm strat and the other guys. 1st your deck construction is a little off.  You need some more lands to consistently cast the bigger spells you have.  24 minimum IMO in a deck like this.  Some of the card choices aren't gonig to work well.

Primordial hydra -  You're going to cast it for x, but you're not running enough mana to really make it consistent.

Fog - You don't want to be fogging, when you could be tapping out to cast something really big.

Blind obedience - is good against aggro sure, but if you play a loxodon smiter turn 2, that's much better than blind obedience.   

Sigarda - good, but sideboard against decks like jund.

Thalia - bad for you, if you want to cast advent. 

Judge's Familiar - bad for you, you want to put presence on the board and command the field with bigger dudes than your opponent.  Wasting even one mana on a creature like this early doesn't get you a lot of value, and you can't surprise your opponent with it, a smart player will just cast the same spell next turn when you can't counter it, or just destroy your familiar.

Grove of the guardian - yeah it makes a big dude, but if they remove it then you just tapped out 2 creatures sacked a land and payed 5 mana for nothing. Where if you just payed 5 for trostani or a thragtusk, then you don't lose as much. This card costs you too much tempo to be effective. Gavony town ship is much much better in this deck.

If you want to stick with GW. Below is a version I suggest you can work towards. It focuses on ramping and getting your bigger dudes out there faster. I think this will work a little better and be a little more consistent.

The key here compared to your current deck list is consistency.  You have some 1 of 2 of spells which is fine sometimes, but in an aggro deck you really want to hit your drops.  This deck gives you a lot of options for the token strategy and still plays a lot of strong cards.   Playing mana ramp with arbor elf and avacyn's pilgrim is the way to go in these decks.

Creatures 20

4 Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 Arbor Elf
3 Voice of Resurgence
4 Loxodon Smiter
2 Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
3 Thragtusk

Plains walkers 2

2 Garruk Primal hunter

Spells 14
4 Advent of the Wurm
4 Call of the Conclave