Topic: MTGScanner - added the Magic 2014 Core Set!

Do you have an Android phone? If yes, then this is the app you've been waiting for!

MTGScanner is finally an Android application that can scan MTG cards and display their online price!

Now trading cards can be done in just a few seconds, no more need to run to a laptop to search for the prices online and neither the need to write their names, just take pictures!

Also there is an export function, you can export the cards as a text list and quickly import it in your deckbox.org account smile

All sets are supported starting from 8th Edition (2003) to the current one, which is  the Magic 2014 Core Set, actually cards with the normal font.

Currently only English cards are supported, but there are plans to add more languages in the near future.

Get it from Google Play 

Also the Facebook Page , please like it to keep up to date with changes smile

So what do you think about the app, it's good/bad, what needs improvement? Please leave a reply, Thanks!

Also, to show the new scanner function I made a video (my first youtube video actually big_smile )

MTGScanner -  updated scanning module (youtube video)

App screenshot:

http://deckbox.org/forum/misc.php?item=176&download=0

Last edited by unimatrix088 (2013-07-12 13:54:57)

Post's attachments

device-2013-06-24-180041.jpg 66 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: MTGScanner - added the Magic 2014 Core Set!

Downloading now to give it a try!

I would like to have with multiple languages, since I get several booster packs for Japanese and German.

I've tried out the app, and Mountain Yeti was recognized as Mountain. Also I had to stay perfectly still for few seconds before it picked up the card name.

It would be nice if it could recognize the version of the card, I have few cards that I don't know if they are alpha, beta, revised and such. Also it would be nice to have the "add" to add any count of the cards, because scanning for 10 times the same card can get laborious.

Also I have noticed that it has some issues recognizing old sets fonts and white text

I really like to look up for prices and the ability to sum them up, easy when trading.

I think I will use this app frequently. Good job!

Last edited by kappolo (2013-07-07 15:58:31)

Also, the split cards from Dragon's Maze are not recognized

kappolo wrote:

I would like to have with multiple languages, since I get several booster packs for Japanese and German.

I've tried out the app, and Mountain Yeti was recognized as Mountain. Also I had to stay perfectly still for few seconds before it picked up the card name.

It would be nice if it could recognize the version of the card, I have few cards that I don't know if they are alpha, beta, revised and such. Also it would be nice to have the "add" to add any count of the cards, because scanning for 10 times the same card can get laborious.

Also I have noticed that it has some issues recognizing old sets fonts and white text

I really like to look up for prices and the ability to sum them up, easy when trading.

I think I will use this app frequently. Good job!

The cards with the old font are not supported, anything before the 8th edition is not in the app database, so it will not find it. For now it's just 8th edition -> latest.. Mountain Yeti is with the old font and it's not in the database, the closest is Mountain the basic land, that's why it will always find Mountain and not Mountain Yeti. I have some ideas on how to make it work with the old cards, but it's a lot of research and it will take time and can't promise it will work... 

I have plans to add a way to duplicate the cards, so that you don't have to scan each card if they are the same.

Thank you for the feedback! If you find anything else, just tell me smile

kappolo wrote:

Thanks for mentioning this, I'll look into it smile

kappolo wrote:

I found the problem and fixed it smile A new update is on the way... 1.0.8,  it will take a few hours until all the Google Play servers sync... Now with split cards, any name can be scanned, for example for Profit // Loss, it's OK to scan only 'Profit' or 'Loss' to find the card. Thank you for mentioning this!

No worries smile

The new version with the Magic 2014 Core Set will be available in 1-2 hours until the google servers sync smile

I think it's a great app and makes it so much easier to add cards to deckbox. Don't get me wrong, deckbox is great, I just get sick of all the typing is all. wink

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work on my phone. That red box doesn't appear. The picture seems clear enough, even though the camera's not that good. (Old phone, still runs android 2.2..) It just shows the green letters and a little green box is dancing around.

Still, great idea and awesome app!

Which way of exporting files is the quickest for you? Is there a maximum number of cards you can do at once because I have thousands and am getting really tired of typing them in manually. I noticed there is a charge for .csv files is that a one time thing or do I have to pay that each time? Thanks For the consideration. really enjoying the app.