Topic: [feature request] Search & Filter

If I'm trying to find cards that would fit in my elves deck I would like to search for cards that have as subtype Elf or Shapeshifter. I would like the Subtype filter to be a dropdown containing all subtypes with the possibility to select multiple choices OR the field to be an autocompleter that would autocomplete "elf, " when i start typing "el" and then autocomplete with "elf, shapeshifter, " when i start typing "elf, shap".

Re: [feature request] Search & Filter

laura wrote:

If I'm trying to find cards that would fit in my elves deck I would like to search for cards that have as subtype Elf or Shapeshifter. I would like the Subtype filter to be a dropdown containing all subtypes with the possibility to select multiple choices OR the field to be an autocompleter that would autocomplete "elf, " when i start typing "el" and then autocomplete with "elf, shapeshifter, " when i start typing "elf, shap".

Well... a dropdown would not be useable, as there are now 244 possible subtypes for MtG.

Autocompleter.. that would not be a problem IF it would only autocomplete ONE subtype. But in your example you want multiple subtypes in the same input, all separately and incrementally autocompleted... that's a bit more complicated... and it will require quite a bit of work to get it right (it would work like the autocompleters for email addresses in GMail i think...).

But even then it would be confusing.... cause you don't really know if it would return the cards that are Elf Shapeshifters or cards that are either Elves or Shapeshifters.

Yeah, we'll think about it. But for now you'll just have to make 2 different searches tongue

Re: [feature request] Search & Filter

Well if you could rip off this: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Advanced.aspx it would be awesome, but a checkbox list will do too  tongue