Topic: So I've really gotten into altering cards lately.

So far I've just been working with random commons and uncommons in my possession just to get the feel of mixing colors to match what's on the card. I feel that I've improved with my work and would like to show you guys my personal favorites!

Links because I can't upload more then one attatchment at a time, oldest to newest.

Lightning Bolt Playset
Hands of Binding
Spreading Seas
Sky Ruin Drake
Iona's Judgement
Rampant Growth

If you are interested in seeing more than my favorites you can find the rest of them over at my tumblr

I'm also highly interested in meeting other alter artists and perhaps getting some tips and tricks from those more experienced then I am!

Re: So I've really gotten into altering cards lately.

hey nice job!!! i love it.  My girlfriend has actually been working on altering tokens lately too

VampireArmy wrote:

hey nice job!!! i love it.  My girlfriend has actually been working on altering tokens lately too

Yeah I go a bit more extreme on the tokens for shits and giggles. Replacing the art with cartoon and anime references. I need to get my hands on more Soldier/Soldier Ally and Horror tokens so I can make my self full SnK sets out of them because this guy is lonely (and since I'm a nerd and I'd probably wind up reenacting an episode with them too lol)

CuriousPanda wrote:
VampireArmy wrote:

Yeah I go a bit more extreme on the tokens for shits and giggles. Replacing the art with cartoon and anime references. I need to get my hands on more Soldier/Soldier Ally and Horror tokens so I can make my self full SnK sets out of them because this guy is lonely (and since I'm a nerd and I'd probably wind up reenacting an episode with them too lol)

I like that! lol ours are pretty meh here is example:

[Token 1](http://i.imgur.com/6YylnvB.jpg)

VampireArmy wrote:
CuriousPanda wrote:
VampireArmy wrote:

I like that! lol ours are pretty meh here is example:

[Token 1](http://i.imgur.com/6YylnvB.jpg)

That's pretty cool actually, not meh in my book. The hair is especially detailed!

What do you guys use for your alters?

She takes a regular token and paints over it once then adds a picture.  that's pretty much it.  It takes a few hours cuz it's all hand drawn but the results are good

VampireArmy wrote:

She takes a regular token and paints over it once then adds a picture.  that's pretty much it.  It takes a few hours cuz it's all hand drawn but the results are good

I use paints too, I asked because it looked like mix media to me at first (paint and marker) and I thought that was really awesome. Do you use a specific brand of paint in particular? Any sealers to help prevent it from chipping when in use?

I do the same thing for my alternate art alters, its more personal that way I think.

CuriousPanda wrote:
VampireArmy wrote:

I use paints too, I asked because it looked like mix media to me at first (paint and marker) and I thought that was really awesome. Do you use a specific brand of paint in particular? Any sealers to help prevent it from chipping when in use?

I do the same thing for my alternate art alters, its more personal that way I think.

She's still expierenting with different paints but so far only once has the paint chipped due to it being a bad batch but she uses (some kind of water color that is meant for cardboard. It also might have been sharpie she used on it too

VampireArmy wrote:

She's still expierenting with different paints but so far only once has the paint chipped due to it being a bad batch but she uses (some kind of water color that is meant for cardboard. It also might have been sharpie she used on it too

I've been using citadel acrylic paints, haven't had too many issues with them other then some colors being really transparent and using a lot of layers to cover up the boards and such. Yellows and whites being the worst culprits.

so far ours have been just red.  everything else seems pretty solid

VampireArmy wrote:

so far ours have been just red.  everything else seems pretty solid

Any issues with reds staining cards when you are doing frameless? I've run into it a couple of times.