Topic: Monowhite Encahntments, Standard - Enchantments of Thune by me.

So I was watching a set review for m14, and I noticed a lot of cool things that could be done with white in particular.
I'm sure i'm not the only one who has noticed this, and i'm sure Theros will bring a bigger arrangement of options for this deck type

I built this with the options i had in terms of what m14 brought, and in terms of the standard environment.

http://deckbox.org/sets/437275

That there is the decklist i'm currently running in a casual environment, the sideboard needs work of course.

Any inputs would be much appreciated, i dont seem to be having any problems with the deck, but it seems like the win condition is either buffing up a Fencing Ace with Gift of Orzhova, Ethereal Armors, and swinging in for large damage and life gain with Brave the Elements in response to a defensive play the opponent makes. The other win condition was getting out Archangel of Thune and having the life gain opportunities with Path of Bravery, plus Trained Caracal's giving everything +1/+1 and snowballing with that.

I am probably going to splash another color once Theros comes out, black, for control purposes, as i feel the deck lacks it, a few Riot Control's in the sideboard seem to help with that against aggressive matchups. The color would be black probably, for doom blade, and if i run Blood Baron it will keep a bigger bomb on the field.

Again, any feedback will be highly highly appreciated as it's an insanely fun deck to play.

Re: Monowhite Encahntments, Standard - Enchantments of Thune by me.

I would probably have pacifism mainboard, probably 4x pacifism instead of arrest mostly because in most cases you will not need the part of arrest that says or use activated abilities as there isnt much that uses that in standard. You would then move the 4x arrest to the sideboard for if you do need the additional benefit, for example against deathrite shaman.

Ahhh thank you!
I had honestly forgotten it costed 1 less than Arrest.

Activated abilities are pretty relevant, olivia, griselbrand, deathrite shaman, varolz, skirsdag, scavenging ooze,  a few others I'm probably forgetting.  Keeping some maindeck probably isn't a bad idea. 

Also, TBH, this is just a worse version of bant pants.  You're missing all the good blue and green cards that make the deck worth playing.  If you're gonna do this, mono white humans is the way to go.

Yeah i'm aware it's pretty much bant enchantments, but most of that deck is phasing out, and im only really playing playing with friends so far.

Rancor and Spectral flight are key enchantments when running an enchantment deck, but i'm not really interested in anything that's phasing out.

Also one thing you will definitely want in sideboard, just for vs control matchups would be rootborn defenses to protect your team against board wipes. You can quite easily have t1,t2,t3 plays then hold up rootborn defenses on the play though on the draw it becomes a bit more difficult and probably would not want to include it.

Good sideboard idea, thanks!

Nenio wrote:

Yeah i'm aware it's pretty much bant enchantments, but most of that deck is phasing out, and im only really playing playing with friends so far.

Rancor and Spectral flight are key enchantments when running an enchantment deck, but i'm not really interested in anything that's phasing out.

Sorry, your original post highly reflects someone who is talking about playing in standard events.  It sounded a lot like you wanted to go from casual to at least competitive FNM. 

You can play whatever casual.  The best thing to do until rotation is just continue to collect cards your interested in from RTR block and M14. 

That being said... you might try to get a couple o-rings, they're still in play for the next couple months , they're enchants and they aren't to expensive.  It could save you from a planes walker, some rogue enchant, or an artifact.  Remember if you give your guys pro white, your enchantments fall off, same for gift of orzhov and black.  You might try more directed removal or celestial flair.   Gideon might not be bad in this deck too.  If he gets +1/+1 counters from thune they don't fall off when he goes back to a walker.  They won't help him if he takes damage as a walker, but they could be releveant if you utlmate him.

PS, I don't like the cats.. they're bad.  You might splash some black/green for something that actually conveys  lifelink.

Last edited by elpablo (2013-07-30 16:03:03)