Topic: H: pack fresh Gaea's Cradle W: fetches, shocks, wishlist

Bought a random pack of saga, pulled a cradle and put it straight into a sleeve. Already have a foil one and an altered one so I don't need this and in looking to trade it for value.

Re: H: pack fresh Gaea's Cradle W: fetches, shocks, wishlist

Bump

Bump

I might be interested, depending on what "value" is

Well it's worth 151

I don't think you will get even close to 150 for it.  eBay prices are more like 90-100.

Yea and things are worth less when you pay actual money for them rather than trade, it's 150 on tcg medium an on scg

Most people recognize that the TCGPlayer and SCG prices are inflated right now though. I have had a few offers for my own Cradle with most people valuing it around 90-100.

Inflated right now as in the last 4 months?

Perhaps 150 is on the higher end of the peak but given the amount this card sees play in Legacy and EDH with the new Legend rules, I would argue that 90-100 is on the extreme low end.

People don't trade at selling prices, there is an inherent premium people 'pay' for when trading versus purchasing. It's why 95% of people on deckbox trade at TCG Mid.

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

UnstableFlux wrote:

People don't trade at selling prices, there is an inherent premium people 'pay' for when trading versus purchasing. It's why 95% of people on deckbox trade at TCG Mid.

Percisly. Obv if he was looking to sell the cradle for 150 I would say take a hike.

If he were to agree to trade the Cradle at 90-100 cause thats whats it going for on ebay, its only fair that the cards being traded toward the cradle be valued by ebay as well. So the 51 dollar Misty on here becomes worth 39-40.

Ok.  I mean I would love to find someone who will trade for Cradle at 150, but I don't think it's going to happen.

UnstableFlux wrote:

People trade at mid because it's the default, not because it's some sort of standard. Yes people will trade at that price but knowledgeable people won't trade mid for cards that sell way cheaper.

Helios52 wrote:

Perhaps 150 is on the higher end of the peak but given the amount this card sees play in Legacy and EDH with the new Legend rules, I would argue that 90-100 is on the extreme low end.

Cradle is played in one legacy deck that got better due to the July rules change. The card can be bought for 90-100 on ebay. Its not a 4 of in elves either

mtgtradingthread wrote:
Helios52 wrote:

Cradle is played in one legacy deck that got better due to the July rules change. The card can be bought for 90-100 on ebay. Its not a 4 of in elves either

Pretty sure most Elves lists do play it as a four of.

Edit: All Elves lists that placed in top 16 of SCG Legacy events since the rule change use 4 Cradles.

Last edited by DTrain (2013-08-17 02:45:32)

DTrain wrote:
mtgtradingthread wrote:
Helios52 wrote:

It's been done but is typically a 2-3

mtgtradingthread wrote:
DTrain wrote:
mtgtradingthread wrote:

It's been done but is typically a 2-3

Edited just as you posted.  All the lists in the top 16s of SCG events since the rule change used four copies.

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump