Topic: H: Artist Proofs W: wishlist

I have several artist proof cards, also known as white back cards. I am looking to trade these to help build a new deck.
I as well have several cards signed by the artist.

I have artist proofs of
zo-zu the punisher
squelch
skirk volcanist

and several other cards signed by artists

Re: H: Artist Proofs W: wishlist

bump

What is the Zo-Zu proof valued at?

I had zo-zu the punisher appraised in 2007 for about $250. just start a trade with me and il be sure to look at what you have

Oh god I'll have to pass. I knew little to absolute nothing about Artist Proofs. I'm in way over my head. XD Sorry!

None of the cards on your trade list show that they are signed, do you happen to have a list of the signed cards? 

Also most artist proofs are not worth that much.  I'm not an expert on them or anything, I just happen to own a couple and unless they are alpha/beta they tend to not be worth much more than the original card, they do have a floor of $5 (as in even commons are worth at least $5).  Keep in mind that they are not playable in any sanctioned format, they are merely a collectible.  You can search e-bay to get a good idea of what your proofs are worth.

i understand that many proofs tend not be that much, but I have as  said had them appraised for 150-250$ (depending on which one. the dealer that I had appraise them said that many of matt covata's artists proofs are hard to get in the condition I have them in (that being pure white back with only a signature on the front) because he uses many of his artist proofs as business cards (or at least used to). I wouldn't claim that they are worth this much if I hadn't had them appraised in the past as I have. im surprised to hear that some can go for that cheap. for a card that I 1/50 in the world I feel that's a steal.

as for a list
I have he following artist proofs (for trade)
zo-zu the punisher
squelch
akki lava runner
skirk the volcanist
mise

as well as the following signed normal cards
brawn
skyhunter patrol
roar of kha

Yeah, I agree that a lot of them should be more than they actually are.  I think if more people collect them for cubes or casual play you will see an increase in price.  My friend and I play some double sleeved in our EDH decks, but we have kind of an agreement about it.  They are definitely cool things to own.  I only have two, Chain Lighting and Gate to Phyrexia, both signed with plain white backs.  However I've started scouring e-bay looking for more...  Prices vary a lot, but most of them are cheaper than I expected them to be.  I have quite a few on my e-bay watch list.  big_smile

bump

bump

Bump