Topic: Looking for advice on Standard Mill

I effin love Traumatize. So I've been working on a deck that works with Traumatize, Jace, and a few others. Started with the mono blue deck for giggles and then realized as it ran pretty well it could turn into something serious, potentially competitive. So I'm trying to add colors to see if it runs any better. I tried a U/W version for control but didn't run well. I put together two decklists, one U/G/W with only 4 creatures and is backed up by supreme verdict and cyclonic rift. Or there's the U/G version which is more simple in terms of mana but still ramps into whatever I would need.

Still relatively new to Magic so please help me out and check out my decks and leave me some comments on here about what you think of the decks and what would make it any better. Thanks!!

Last edited by DonMagico (2013-08-22 19:08:11)

Re: Looking for advice on Standard Mill

Esper is where you want to be right now for milling.  UBW.  Nephalia drownyard is still in standard. Dimir charm is multi functional and it gives you access to great cards like lifebane zombie and the black removal package. You could also, slot in a consuming apparition or mindgrind.

Really in my experience a mill deck is a control deck with a milling win condition and you should really think about it that way.  You need to control the game to a point at which their threats are neutralized and yours can come online safely. 

Supreme verdict and sphinx's rev are probably cards you want to make sure you pick up.  Really traumatize isn't that great.  It's a one shot jace.  Granted it does more work than jace, but jace is a bigger threat and he'll help you close the game. You're not going to want to play it turn 4/5 without anyway to protect yourself or your planes walkers.