Topic: Is this a good Merfolk build?

http://deckbox.org/sets/461190

Re: Is this a good Merfolk build?

For casual play?  Competitive?  Format preference?  Budget?

I feel like a broken record sometimes, but the more information that can be provided with the first post, the more likely it is that the community of deckbuilders can offer some meaningful advice.

TyWooOneTime wrote:

For casual play?  Competitive?  Format preference?  Budget?

I feel like a broken record sometimes, but the more information that can be provided with the first post, the more likely it is that the community of deckbuilders can offer some meaningful advice.

To play with my two friends of mine. One of them is more of a control player who really just plays to annoy the hell out of people. And the other guy plays mostly burn and flyer decks. The format is a normal 7 card game.

Last edited by Pickled_Fetus (2013-08-28 21:42:35)

So then you're talking completely casual play.  Not a problem.  You can get away with a lot more in casual games than competitive ones.  Do you and your friends have any special rules that you run that we should be aware of?

That being said, it sounds to me like you need more counter magic to combat the control and burn aspects of your friends.  Mana Leak, Counterspell, etc would be good additions.  Even something as simple as a Vodalian Mage could prove useful.  I noticed you omitted Master of the Pearl Trident as well.

It all depends on what you're wanting to spend to improve things.  It would be possible to make your deck REALLY good, but it would cost quite a bit - which, at least in my experience, isn't worth it for casual play.

TyWooOneTime wrote:

So then you're talking completely casual play.  Not a problem.  You can get away with a lot more in casual games than competitive ones.  Do you and your friends have any special rules that you run that we should be aware of?

That being said, it sounds to me like you need more counter magic to combat the control and burn aspects of your friends.  Mana Leak, Counterspell, etc would be good additions.  Even something as simple as a Vodalian Mage could prove useful.  I noticed you omitted Master of the Pearl Trident as well.

It all depends on what you're wanting to spend to improve things.  It would be possible to make your deck REALLY good, but it would cost quite a bit - which, at least in my experience, isn't worth it for casual play.

Thanks for the advice. I took it all and adapted them into the build. I use this site to set up decks before I buy the cards for them.

Last edited by Pickled_Fetus (2013-08-28 22:36:26)

you might also want to try a set of aether vials