Topic: Looking for booster packs

I'm looking to buy or trade for boosters packs
Doesn't really matter what set they're from just as long as they're sealed
Please let me know if you have any!
just like the thrill of opening packs

Re: Looking for booster packs

Be forewarned, pack mapping is a thing. Only get packs from someone you trust. I had prize packs from doing well at prerelease and no one wanted them because they were afraid there was a chance they were mapped. I finally ended up just opening them myself. You might be safer getting packs right after release (since it takes awhile for people to figure out the pack mapping and get the software out). Incidentally, if I do well at theros prerelease I might have some packs around that time tongue

Last edited by shifty4690 (2013-08-30 01:29:02)

I collect funny, epic, or unique flavor texts (foil if applicable)
Looking to purchase one player rewards and one judge foil Wasteland.
Tradelist | Wishist

I have few RtR and GTC packs left too, unfortunately since apparently the aforementioned box mapping is a thing, I was never able to trade them sad

what is this mapping you speak of? I don't understand

In short, it is possible given a box of boosters to figure out what rare will be in a given pack. Cards are printed in print runs and people with no life figure out what these print runs are. If you compare a small number of packs in the box to these print runs, you can figure out what rares will be in the rest of the packs.

just watched a video about it, I hope anybody in good conscience couldn't sell/trade mapped packs to anyone

There are apps people programmed so anyone can map these packs. They simply look at the print runs and can determine what rare each pack has. Most likely all you will end up with crap rares.

TBittenbender wrote:

just watched a video about it, I hope anybody in good conscience couldn't sell/trade mapped packs to anyone

Right, it's very scummy to do so, but since it doesn't make sense to even do it if you can't resell the packs, there is at least a chance that anyone with extra packs could have mapped a box. It is also equally possible that someone's LGS just has prize support done in packs. I would just talk to anyone that has packs to make sure.

I collect funny, epic, or unique flavor texts (foil if applicable)
Looking to purchase one player rewards and one judge foil Wasteland.
Tradelist | Wishist

I just recently bought some boxes on ebay (sealed), partly to open and partly to sell for some profit (I got them at a great price).

Let me know how much you'd be willing to pay per pack for: M14, Dragon's Maze, Return to Ravnica.

buying I probably wouldn't pay more than 2.75 which you would be losing money at

shifty4690 wrote:

Be forewarned, pack mapping is a thing. Only get packs from someone you trust. I had prize packs from doing well at prerelease and no one wanted them because they were afraid there was a chance they were mapped. I finally ended up just opening them myself. You might be safer getting packs right after release (since it takes awhile for people to figure out the pack mapping and get the software out). Incidentally, if I do well at theros prerelease I might have some packs around that time tongue

I take my winning packs from FNM and put them in one of those 800 count card boxes. I'm saving up packs so I can use them to draft with later. When I have a full set of 24, me and my buddies will be drafting!