Topic: In and Out of Deck Option

Hey all,

I'm a little new to the site but loving it, so forgive me if there is already a way to do this or something similar.

I play causal 90% of the time and as such I have 12 decks that I have built. I am currently playing on rotation and I have a few dozen other decks that I have built at one point or another. The problem is that I would like to be able to post all of my decks and be able to concept new ones without messing up my inventory, wishlist or trade list. Example: I own 8 Llanowar Elves and have put 4 into 1 deck and 4 into another, the cards inventory info shows correctly that I have 8 and 8 are used and what decks they are in (which I love), but if I want to build another deck with Llanowar Elves I have to add more (which I don't own) or I have to have it incorrectly show that I "need to buy more" and that the 8 I own in reality are not in the correct decks anymore. I guess in short what I need is a way to either disable a deck (for when I take it apart) so that the cards in it are listed as being in my inventory and I can use them elsewhere or I need to have a way to remove the card count from the deck without deleting the card (so I can put it back together later if I want).

Re: In and Out of Deck Option

I would say that all decks are 'out decks' until you update the quantity in your inventory.

Example:
Create a deck, fill it with some cards not in your inventory. When you look at your deck counts, you should notice that your inventory count didn't increase.

Last edited by lemel (2013-09-23 19:41:49)

lemel wrote:

I would say that all decks are 'out decks' until you update the quantity in your inventory.

Example:
Create a deck, fill it with some cards not in your inventory. When you look at your deck counts, you should notice that your inventory count didn't increase.

Yes which works only if I dont already have the cards either in my collection or in another deck. If I build deck A and then take cards from that deck and put them into deck B, I would like it to show that deck A no longer contains those cards without the system telling me I need to buy those cards or having to delete them from the deck. All that need to happen here is that the "count in deck" needs to be able to have a value of zero. If I build 10 decks and all of them have lightning bolt, I dont want it to tell me I need to buy 36 more or have to delete lightning bolt from a deck, I should just be able to say there not in A there in B.

I hope this makes sense to anyone looking but if not heres another example. (based on a real problem that I had when building decks on here)

I own a Tribal Elf Deck. That deck contains 4 Llanowar Elves, 4 Elvish Champion, 4 elvish Archdruids etc.
Some time after I get board (which happens after playing the same deck for a while) and build a new Elf Token Deck.

I take the 4 Llanowar Elves, 4 Elvish Champion, 4 elvish Archdruids and take them from the tribal deck and put them token deck and know is where deckbox is no longer helpful to me.

As the Tribal deck is listed as having all 4 copies I own in it, the token lists I need to buy 4 of them which is no good because it defeats the purpose of trying to manage my collection on here, and I dont want to delete them from Tribal deck in case I want to rebuild it later or see what it had in it or show someone. So either I can only have currently constructed decks and delete them when Im done, which defeats the point of building on here, or I get to keep all my builds but then my collection information is all wrong which defeats the point of managing my collection on here.

If I were able to set the "in deck" to 0, then on the inventory screen it would show I own 4 and 0 are in a deck, so I know to look in my collection. Alternatively if I then build the Tribal deck It would show I own 4 and 4 are in a deck, so I know there in use. I then build a new Token Deck which has the same cards I go back to the Tribal deck and set the count to 0 and the Token count to 4 so the inventory correctly shows that I own 4 and 4 are in a deck and it dosent tell me im 4 short

Last edited by Devils66613 (2013-09-23 21:20:28)

I play casual also. One of the great things about Deckbox is that you can own one card PHYSICALLY and have it exist VIRTUALLY in multiple decks with out there being a discrepancy in your PHYSICAL inventory.

I have a card that is in 4 of my decks, but I only have one of the cards. We'll call it card "A". Thanks to the deck and FOLDER organization ability in Deckbox, card "A" is VIRTUALLY in 4 of my decks. So, when I want to play a specific deck, I check that PHYSICAL deck against the VIRTUAL deck I have here on Deckbox and PHYSICALLY move the card or other cards into the appropriate deck.

Hope that helps