Topic: Possible to create "sub-inventories"?

I'd like to be able to track what I get from each booster pack I open. Right now, the only way I know to do this in Deckbox is to create separate decks but cards noted this way do not get automatically added to your inventory. Is there a way to create "sub-inventories"?

Re: Possible to create "sub-inventories"?

Given the lack of responses, I'm guessing the answer is no. Still, if anyone has a workaround other than creating separate decks for each opened pack, please share. Thanks.

There really just isn't a clean way to do this, as, to be honest, most people don't really stress keeping a record of what they pull out of each pack.

TyWooOneTime wrote:

There really just isn't a clean way to do this, as, to be honest, most people don't really stress keeping a record of what they pull out of each pack.

I see eventually not really caring what I pull from a specific booster pack but as a newish player, I'm very curious to see if the packs are truly random. I try to remember where I got a particular set of boosters in case there seems to be a good run of rares from that store, if a particular cover tends to bring out more rares/foils than another, or if a particular drops follow a particular pack serial number.

I guess for now I'll keep creating a separate 15-card "deck" for each booster pack I open. Thanks!

What you're talking about determining has already been done. It's a mathematical algorithm, actually. Look up "box mapping" for more information. Individual packs at your LGS are truly random within the confines of computational allowance, and it's impossible to determine if a particular sleeve (pack cover) produces more rares or money cards.

Googling "box mapping" will give you all the relevant information, and probably make you leery of purchasing individual non-blister packs.