Topic: EDH Help. Radiant, Archangel as Commander

Hi guys. Just some more EDH help. I am never good at making decks from scratch. I want to make an all Flying deck, but my inner Timmy comes out and I throw all my favorite Angel's into the deck, which isn't good because white doesn't really have ramp.
Anyways, what I am missing from my inventory and wouldn't mind dropping if I must.
Serra Avatar
Emeria Angel
Archangel of Thune (Likely drop until out of standard and price goes down)
Yosei
Entreat the Angels
Pearl Medallion
Quicksilver Amulet
Gauntlet of Power
Luminarch Ascension

All the other cards I actually have in hand and wouldn't mind playing, but my mana curve is really high.
Any good suggestions to add or remove? I wanted to do Angel tribal but almost impossible with the high cost of most Angels. Don't really want spirits but would be fine with birds. Thanks!

http://deckbox.org/sets/500348

Last edited by Mowza2k2 (2013-10-10 07:55:29)

I collect Requiem Angel and am always willing to take one in a trade.

Profile | Tradelist | Wishlist

Re: EDH Help. Radiant, Archangel as Commander

If you're looking for more rampy stuff, I would suggest Knight of the White Orchid, Ancient Tomb, Temple of the False God, artifact mana or land drop replenishment via Weathered Wayfarer and Land Tax.  I'm pretty out of touch with EDH but these are the sort of things I was looking at for my Bruna deck where it was almost an eventuality that I was going to have to get to 8 or 10 mana without having green.

CaptainFalconMD wrote:

If you're looking for more rampy stuff, I would suggest Knight of the White Orchid, Ancient Tomb, Temple of the False God, artifact mana or land drop replenishment via Weathered Wayfarer and Land Tax.  I'm pretty out of touch with EDH but these are the sort of things I was looking at for my Bruna deck where it was almost an eventuality that I was going to have to get to 8 or 10 mana without having green.

I do have a Knight of the White Orchid and a Weathered Wayfarer, though the Wayfarer I was debating putting into my 5 color deck. I want a Land tax pretty badly. I forgot Temple of the False god existed. Ancient Tomb is too rich for my blood. I know, only $9. But as a college student I would rather use the $9 on a few cards over one card.

Thanks for the advice though!

BTW, I have a Bruna if ever you need one. Just start up a trade with me.

you can also try Journeyer's Kite.  although wayfarer and land tax are both very solid options for white.

swgdriven wrote:

you can also try Journeyer's Kite.  although wayfarer and land tax are both very solid options for white.

Oh yes of course. I do have a Journeyer's Kite, I forget about it all the time. Thanks!

Endless Horizons, Tithe, Wayfarer's Bauble, Kor Cartographer, and Gift of Estatesare all solid ramp options in white. Do you run a Belbe's Portal as a secondary Quicksilver Amulet?

Also, this thread (http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=400528) has a good discussion on what to include in an angel tribal deck.

I'd maybe try a soul warden a Serra Ascendant and an Ajani, Caller of the Pride as lower curve options and get a little life gain going

Last edited by morph66 (2013-10-10 14:30:30)

I run a very effective Angels tribal deck, take a look to get some ideas smile With white its not all about mana rocks, there are other ways to get stuff out like Cloud Key, Pearl Medallion, Urza's Incubator, etc.

This deck is horribly outdated, but should be able to give you some ideas: http://deckbox.org/sets/328648

Edit: I'll update my deck when I get home Monday afternoon and send you a link. It is very different from the version on deckbox currently

Last edited by UnstableFlux (2013-10-10 14:24:37)

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

morph66 wrote:

Your profile says you won't trade out of inventory but you don't have a card in your tradelist worth over 4 bucks and after that it goes to 2$. You're asking for stuff like archangel's of thune and medallions. I'm confused.

I'm starting to get pretty annoyed with your posts. What's your deal? What makes you feel like you need to be forum police? Let people trade how they want. If they're doing things sub-optimally, let them figure it out. Or better yet, send them a PM. Why do you need to make it public for everyone to see how crotchety you are?

Might I suggest going here  http://deckbox.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=29  and asking TyWooOneTime for deck help. TyWooOneTime is extremely knowledgeable and the forum could use some support. He's helped me out quite a few times. wink

Last edited by morph66 (2013-10-10 14:23:24)

@Morph - Thank you

@OP - I would suggest using Artifact ramp (darksteel ignot, worn power stone, Thran Dymano, Dreamstone Hedron) as means to get her and other angels out. since your only playing the 1 color, you can afford to use colorless mana more gingerly than if you were going to use 2 or 3 colors.

Last edited by Helios52 (2013-10-10 14:14:44)

delete

Last edited by morph66 (2013-10-10 13:59:13)

You should try maybe adding a splash of green to help with your ramp

Last edited by morph66 (2013-10-10 14:00:05)

Both of you please STOP derailing other people threads. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

I didn't look at the deck list you have but things like sol ring, thran dynamo, mana vault, worn power stone, expedition map, eternal dragon and even the white storage land from fallen empires could be decent ramp for mono white, but all of the suggestions from above people are great options.

@morph
I wasn't aware I was asking for trades. Nowhere in my post dies it say I want to trade these cards. This was just a thread to get ideas for a deck.

Mowza2k2 wrote:

@morph
I wasn't aware I was asking for trades. Nowhere in my post dies it say I want to trade these cards. This was just a thread to get ideas for a deck.

Oh I totally had no idea. Check out my post above, there is a great place to get help and advice.

Burnished Heart from Theros looks like it would be a great addition to this deck and could really give it some gas.  It adds some ramp and can easily be recurred with Sun Titan or Reveillark.  I realize this suggestion doesn't exactly conform to you Angel-Only theme, but might be worthy of inclusion since it could allow you to play your fatties a couple turns earlier.

Mowza2k2 wrote:

@morph

He is confused, as was I, because this is a trade sub forum.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I want to make this deck come to life in the near future.
Next time though I guess I won't post deck questions here. Apparently it was frowned upon since this is a "trading sub group".

The /r/EDH subreddit is a good place to get the kind of advice you're looking for without unnecessary distraction.

Mowza2k2 wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I want to make this deck come to life in the near future.
Next time though I guess I won't post deck questions here. Apparently it was frowned upon since this is a "trading sub group".

This is the forum you were looking for, http://deckbox.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=29

jassi007 wrote:
Mowza2k2 wrote:

This is the forum you were looking for, http://deckbox.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=29

post #11 bruh

Flagstones of Trokair. No O-Ring? An Extra wrath in Day of Judgement would be nice. Marshall's anthem. Elixir of Immortality. Spear of Heliod. Flavor wise, Righteousness fits in very well, same with Celestial Mantle. Where's the Sol Ring? Explorer's scope?

You might wanna add some dudes with legs. You don't really want to die to a silly silklash spider. ^_^