Re: 70 Unhinged Lands for sale

mrturk1001 wrote:
Lakaen wrote:

I think everyone is missing the point, I don't think $300 is such a good offer I want to get more that's why im trying so hard, and obviously I'd set the buy it now well above $300 so even with fees I get about what I want, but I realize that it's likely not going to sell very quickly doing that so I want to see if I can find someone else willing to give me above $300 with paypal gift, that would be the best situation. Although I think I'm just better off listing these on tcgplayer and just hope people buy more than 1-2 lands at a time.

Actually I think you are missing the point. You are NOT paying attention to what others here are trying to say to you. You are admitting that you are WANTING more for your value (we don't blame you) but unless you are local to any of us, we are not going to make this type of deal with you online with your level of feedback AND no way for us to be protected (paypal gift).

Yes... the unhinged basic lands can go for about $5 each on TCG player. Yes... we ALL want MAX value for our cards. But NO... this isn't going to be happening on DB because WE have no ways of being protected. I will NOT send a paypal gift of over $200 again. It didn't work out for me. I am sure most of the people in here feel the same way.

We are suggesting that you take the "confirmed" $300 deal if you are looking to sell them as a lot. Otherwise, you are going to be holding on to them for a long time trying to piece it out.

I mean I said I would take normal paypal, I just prefer gift, everyone seems to be overlooking this

I'd prefer to get free money too, but if I have to come by it honestly I guess I'll settle as well.

Point is, you've been hawking these for a while with this bullshit $300 bid. Take it and be done with it.

FYI, If you do decide to post some screenshot or another, I'll post one of Jessica Alba sexting me via facebook. Or insert any other scenario that can be faked with very little knowledge and effort.

I only trade domestically, thanks!
Always trading for guru or judge foil lands.
Buying Thread | Reddit MTG Trade Thread | Tradelist | Wishlist

Vincentarasin wrote:

I'd prefer to get free money too, but if I have to come by it honestly I guess I'll settle as well.

Point is, you've been hawking these for a while with this bullshit $300 bid. Take it and be done with it.

FYI, If you do decide to post some screenshot or another, I'll post one of Jessica Alba sexting me via facebook. Or insert any other scenario that can be faked with very little knowledge and effort.

I could email it it won't seem to let me post it on this forum, and you don't need to be a jackass about it, and your missing the point completely, I don't think $300 is near enough for what I have, it's something that's just going to keep going up over time so I think it's not to crazy to ask closer to full retail for something like this. I'm getting sick of people just trying to discredit me, I can understand why it might look a little shady but there is no reason to be disrespectful and constantly try to hammer someone who is just trying to sell something in this way, I've even said multiple times i can do normal paypal. If you aren't going to contribute in a constructive way then you need to just pass over the thread and say nothing, or provide a good criticism, people like you make these fourms, if what I ask is to crazy no one will bite and I just won't sell it online. It's as simple as that, I don't need people like you commenting.

Lakaen wrote:
Vincentarasin wrote:

I could email it it won't seem to let me post it on this forum, and you don't need to be a jackass about it, and your missing the point completely, I don't think $300 is near enough for what I have, it's something that's just going to keep going up over time so I think it's not to crazy to ask closer to full retail for something like this. I'm getting sick of people just trying to discredit me, I can understand why it might look a little shady but there is no reason to be disrespectful and constantly try to hammer someone who is just trying to sell something in this way, I've even said multiple times i can do normal paypal. If you aren't going to contribute in a constructive way then you need to just pass over the thread and say nothing, or provide a good criticism, people like you make these fourms, if what I ask is to crazy no one will bite and I just won't sell it online. It's as simple as that, I don't need people like you commenting.

it's been like 4 days, you haven't had a bite yet. Maybe it's time to let it go.... That's your problem dude, people don't trde/sell magic stuff here based on what might happen in a year. Your stock market approach isn't well received. Like i said before about the piledriver, you wanted 65$ a piece because of potential gain in the future when they are clearly worth 45 in the now. It doesn't work the way you want it to here.

If you have to have full price then sell it on ebay because people don't pay full price cash here. If you expect more then fair market value, (which you do)  I don't know what to tell you. From what i've seen here, people will pay under the tcg low in cash. Everyone seems to ask for tcg low or a bit under it. You seem to want the high or even more then that.

I feel you have the right to do/ask as you please, but as you can see, people are going to just start crap with you and pollute your threads for doing it.

Last edited by morph66 (2013-10-22 23:33:39)

morph66 wrote:
Lakaen wrote:
Vincentarasin wrote:

it's been like 4 days, you haven't had a bite yet. Maybe it's time to let it go.... That's your problem dude, people don't trde/sell magic stuff here based on what might happen in a year. Your stock market approach isn't well received. Like i said before about the piledriver, you wanted 65$ a piece because of potential gain in the future when they are clearly worth 45 in the now. It doesn't work the way you want it to here.

If you have to have full price then sell it on ebay because people don't pay full price cash here. If you expect more then fair market value, (which you do)  I don't know what to tell you. From what i've seen here, people will pay under the tcg low in cash. Everyone seems to ask for tcg low or a bit under it. You seem to want the high or even more then that.

I feel you have the right to do/ask as you please, but as you can see, people are going to just start crap with you and pollute your threads for doing it.

Ive bought on here without issue, the main thing im seeing is this guy wants way too close to retail when i could just go to a large event and make a deal there, if I wanted to pay retail I would walk into my LGS and hand them a stack of money.  Not to mention he kicks it off with this $300 "bid" and yet he hasnt taken it despite that being the best he is going to be getting.  If you wanted to accept actual offers then you should say so instead of pulling $300 out of thin air, most I would do on these things would be like $200 and maybe like $20 in trade value.

Many people on MagicOnlineTradingLeague are looking for these:

http://forums.magictraders.com/Ultimate.cgi

You can sell them for what they are worth here.  Problem is, that might be less than you want.  The secondary MTG market is brutal.  Good luck

Lakaen wrote:

I just won't sell it online.

That, is exactly what everyone is trying to get you to do. Please do what you say you will, and stop hawking your *probable* scam.

I'm not chiming in for positive feedback on your behalf because... why? *You're new and unknown*

I can tell you, no seller will get full retail for second hand magic sales. Expect to get between buylist and tcglow. Why would someone pay full price to you?
They can go to ebay and get it cheaper.
Or tcgplayer.
Or their local LGS, most likely.

I only trade domestically, thanks!
Always trading for guru or judge foil lands.
Buying Thread | Reddit MTG Trade Thread | Tradelist | Wishlist

Vincentarasin wrote:
Lakaen wrote:

I just won't sell it online.

That, is exactly what everyone is trying to get you to do. Please do what you say you will, and stop hawking your *probable* scam.

I'm not chiming in for positive feedback on your behalf because... why? *You're new and unknown*

I can tell you, no seller will get full retail for second hand magic sales. Expect to get between buylist and tcglow. Why would someone pay full price to you?
They can go to ebay and get it cheaper.
Or tcgplayer.
Or their local LGS, most likely.

^ this.

Also if you're trying to sell to fellow players at least make it a win-win situation for both parties. Sell for 70-80% of retail or something like that. Because the best you can probably get from buylist prices would be 50-60%.  No player would buy close to retail when they can go to their LGS, support it, and get the cards right away (less risk).

These fourms are a complete joke for selling things, they might be fine for trading,  but are full of suspicious assholes that constantly spam bullshit and bash people because they don't have dozens of trades and feedback, instead of asking real questions or possibly proposing a good solution all most assholes do is take time to call someone A dirty scammer with next to no evidence than " this kinda looks shady" you people make this group look like shit to anyone atempting to get decent value from their stuff, most of you are just sharks and complete rude assholes. I've tried to be nice, tried explaining thing, none of you read none of do anything but skim posts and make rude remarks. The thread is done, I learned my lesson I won't try to sell on this group again, if I have good stuff for sale I sure as hell won't be bringing it here.

markst3ph3n wrote:

Also if you're trying to sell to fellow players at least make it a win-win situation for both parties. Sell for 70-80% of retail or something like that. Because the best you can probably get from buylist prices would be 50-60%.  No player would buy close to retail when they can go to their LGS, support it, and get the cards right away (less risk).

I see your point, your right I should just give them away to someone at my LGS it's the right thing to do and will make someone really happy. Thank you. ^^

Lakaen wrote:

These fourms are a complete joke for selling things, they might be fine for trading,  but are full of suspicious assholes that constantly spam bullshit and bash people because they don't have dozens of trades and feedback, instead of asking real questions or possibly proposing a good solution all most assholes do is take time to call someone A dirty scammer with next to no evidence than " this kinda looks shady" you people make this group look like shit to anyone atempting to get decent value from their stuff, most of you are just sharks and complete rude assholes. I've tried to be nice, tried explaining thing, none of you read none of do anything but skim posts and make rude remarks. The thread is done, I learned my lesson I won't try to sell on this group again, if I have good stuff for sale I sure as hell won't be bringing it here.

These forums are for trading. Occasionally, things are sold, but by members of the community with a reputation and history. You came in asking  for a lot with no reputation. I don't think you should be surprised at the response you received.

Lakaen wrote:
markst3ph3n wrote:

I see your point, your right I should just give them away to someone at my LGS it's the right thing to do and will make someone really happy. Thank you. ^^

Since you like quoting SCG.com prices, offer them those 70 unhinged lands and ask for $300+ for them. See what they say (after they are done laughing at you) and then come back and tell us about the whole experience. We would love to laugh at your humiliation with you.

Wow, friendly crowd here..

Lakaen wrote:

And until you learn how to approach selling cards nobody will buy from you.

Bmil wrote:
Lakaen wrote:

And until you learn how to approach selling cards nobody will buy from you.

While I agree with you, can we get this thread closed? It is not of value to any trader in the community.

Closed

I'd like to remind members to be respectful of each other. The same advice can be offered without such condescension. New users may be deterred when reading threads like this. A smaller community equals less people to trade with.