Topic: Oloro EDH

Dummy me forgot about Unburial Rites so I need to add that in...What to cut?! yikes

http://deckbox.org/sets/507010

Last edited by UnstableFlux (2013-11-06 14:10:34)

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

Re: Oloro EDH

i actually compiled a list of stuff i was considered adding here's a link:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/list-of- … oloro-edh/

Updated! got the list up-to-date but need to cut 2 things!

Personally I would cut Obzedat. Hes kinda underpower compared to the Original GC. He may be better as the General in 1v1 but as one of the 99 hes just kinda blinks and has no evasion. The life drain is the best part but the fact that he doesnt stick around for your next players turn really makes me not like him. I

Helios52 wrote:

Personally I would cut Obzedat. Hes kinda underpower compared to the Original GC. He may be better as the General in 1v1 but as one of the 99 hes just kinda blinks and has no evasion. The life drain is the best part but the fact that he doesnt stick around for your next players turn really makes me not like him. I

He is in there because his blinks will set of Oloro though! And it has great synergy with a lot of the other life gain/loss effects. The deck may be esper colors, but it plays like Orzhov tongue Slow and steady bleeding until one turn I just win with something, probably all the creatures I've reanimated ^.^

Last edited by UnstableFlux (2013-10-24 17:32:53)

Oh I know what your was going (my Orzhov Deck is pretty similiar) for but the issue I really have with him (an old GC for that matter) is that he only can hit 1 player with his Drain. If he did Syphon mind type effect Id have no comment lol. But since he only can drain 1 person, it just takes forever.

What it's really going to come down to is play testing. I'm sure my list is going to change after I test it out, but for now I'm just cramming as much synergy as I can into it roll

Last edited by UnstableFlux (2013-10-24 17:53:28)

WAIT! With Sanguine Bond and Exquisite Blood both out can I just kill everyone if I gain 1 or more life OR someone loses 1 or more life? I think soooooooooooo
Edit: Clarity: By everyone I mean I can just tell each person I kill them and go around the table until they are all dead. I know each of those enchantments have the single target restriction

Last edited by UnstableFlux (2013-10-25 18:45:23)

Hey bud!

I looked over your decklist and really liked it. There were some things that I thought would be killer in the deck. I have no idea if you proxy cards you own to multiple decks, but these cards should be mostly auto-include.

Cyclonic Rift
Mox Diamond
Vampiric Tutor
Force of Will
Damnation
Mana Drain
Felidar Soverign
Beacon of Immortality
Baleful Strix
Honden of Cleansing Fire
Swords to Plowshares
Path to Exile
Windbrisk Raptor
Exsanguinate

There was a lot more life-gain cards, but I thought that these would be really good in your deck.

Dummy me forgot about Unburial Rites so I need to add that in...What to cut?! yikes

ColtonisWright wrote:

Hey bud!

I looked over your decklist and really liked it. There were some things that I thought would be killer in the deck. I have no idea if you proxy cards you own to multiple decks, but these cards should be mostly auto-include.

Cyclonic Rift
Mox Diamond
Vampiric Tutor
Force of Will
Damnation
Mana Drain
Felidar Soverign
Beacon of Immortality
Baleful Strix
Honden of Cleansing Fire
Swords to Plowshares
Path to Exile
Windbrisk Raptor
Exsanguinate

There was a lot more life-gain cards, but I thought that these would be really good in your deck.

Wow so sorry, no clue how I missed this. Thanks for the suggestions! However you are right, I don't proxy my cards or use them across multiple decks tongue The removal spells you suggest are good, but don't work with the theme of the deck. I want stuff to go into the graveyard, so exiling or returning to a player's hand doesn't really work. I do like Windbrisk Raptor and Exsanguinate, though. I'll look for a way to get one or both of them in the deck!