Topic: Interested in high mana-cost foils

Hi, I am building a Type 4 stack, and I like to have foils in it.

Type 4 is a format where players have infinite mana of all colors at all times, but can only cast 1 spell a turn (with the exceptions of casting spells for free, for reduced cost, or for an alternate cost).

Players each take a 60ish card deck from a communal stack of about 500ish cards. Ideal Type 4 cards are:

Omniscience
Invincible Hymn
Reiterate
Thought Reflection
Brilliant Ultimatum
Conflux
Obliterate

Also fun are whacky cards, like:

Grip of Chaos
Risky Move
Knowledge Pool

I am looking to trade for foil versions these types of cards. Check out my Wishlist, which has alot of my wants listed there (haven't put the whole stack in yet).

Feel free to suggest cards like this that can't be in foil (for example, Time Spiral has no foil version).

Re: Interested in high mana-cost foils

as far as high cmc foils go i got:
worldspine wurm
spirit away
tombstalker

they don't really fit the wacky theme but i figured i'd reply anyway.

ninja edit:
Also undying flames?! kinda wacky i suppose

Last edited by TheMagicBullet (2013-10-28 17:16:46)

I have a foil Enter the Infinite, foil Nightmare (M10), foil Primeval Bounty, a foil Mind Spring (M10; dunno how X costs work, or if they're allowed?) and a foil Djinn of Wishes (M10) if you're interested.  Enter the Infinite is a silly casting cost, but also probably useless in your format.  Maybe not though :-)

TheMagicBullet wrote:

as far as high cmc foils go i got:
worldspine wurm
spirit away
tombstalker

they don't really fit the wacky theme but i figured i'd reply anyway.

ninja edit:
Also undying flames?! kinda wacky i suppose

Sprit Away sounds good.

actiontech wrote:

I have a foil Enter the Infinite, foil Nightmare (M10), foil Primeval Bounty, a foil Mind Spring (M10; dunno how X costs work, or if they're allowed?) and a foil Djinn of Wishes (M10) if you're interested.  Enter the Infinite is a silly casting cost, but also probably useless in your format.  Maybe not though :-)

Enter the Infinite sounds good.

I have finished (more or less) with putting all of the Type 4 cards I'd like in foil into my wishlist.

Some cards aren't high-mana though but are still on the list, like New Prahv Guildmade