Topic: Price Sorting

Sorting by price does not work correctly.  Any chance this is being corrected in the near future?

Re: Price Sorting

Can you please provide an example? smile

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

Here is a screenshot of an inventory after sorting by price (descending).  As you go down, there are cards that are out of order.

http://www.nilpo.com/pub/images/prices.jpg

Hmmm, weird. It might be because you're sorting by TCG High. Try sorting by median or low and see if that fixes it. It's still a bug though so thanks for bringing it to our attention smile

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

Yep, sorting by tcgplayer low and high is bugged, it is just using the median price in the background for sorting sad. Will look at it.

That would explain it.  Thanks for the explanation and for looking into it.

One thing to add here. There still seems to be the issue where sorting by price leads to inconsistent results. When prices are the same across a number of cards in the list, the results are not returned in a consistent order.

For instance, I have a few pages of cards where the reported price is currently $0.00. I can sit on Page 1, refresh the page and the order is different. This makes it difficult to work with when paging, since you may very well be seeing the same results again from the previous page.

There really needs to be some additional sorting happening behind the scenes so that cards with the same $ value end up in a consistent order in the list when refreshing/paging.

MMJuno wrote:

One thing to add here. There still seems to be the issue where sorting by price leads to inconsistent results. When prices are the same across a number of cards in the list, the results are not returned in a consistent order.

For instance, I have a few pages of cards where the reported price is currently $0.00. I can sit on Page 1, refresh the page and the order is different. This makes it difficult to work with when paging, since you may very well be seeing the same results again from the previous page.

There really needs to be some additional sorting happening behind the scenes so that cards with the same $ value end up in a consistent order in the list when refreshing/paging.

Fixed this now, cards are sorted by name as secondary criteria.

sebi wrote:

Fixed this now, cards are sorted by name as secondary criteria.

Thanks sebi!