Topic: Feature Request - Spreadsheet Exporter

I know the site has a printable version of the various lists, but I think this could be enhanced with a nice spreadsheet exporter.

Basically I would like to choose the columns, filter , and sort order and get an excel or open spreed sheet out of the deal.

Adding cost would be vary useful for trading lists, as well as for reports for insuring collections, etc.

I don't know anything about the developers but if this is an open source project I would be willing to contribute, as I have worked out similar features for commercial software at work.

Re: Feature Request - Spreadsheet Exporter

Yep, enhanced export functionality has been a frequently requested feature, and we'll try to implement it soon!

Yeah, I second this. I'm a little reluctant to spend all that time to enter in my collection if I can't export it. Great site though, that's the only thing I really want that isn't here yet. Once I see it, I'm sold.

Any update on the exporting tool? I've  imported a good # of my collection, but before I do the rest I'd really like to know I can get the data out also. Thanks

madone wrote:

Any update on the exporting tool? I've  imported a good # of my collection, but before I do the rest I'd really like to know I can get the data out also. Thanks

Aside from importing the WoW and MtG new cards, this is the FIRST thing we're going to deploy smile

Excellent!  Being a business analyst, I'm a big advocate of Excel and would be ecstatic to have all of my cards available in a spreadsheet.  It would be great if would also "break out" all of our cards with editions as separate rows.  Eg.  I own 5 Vesuvan Doppelgangers, 2 are Revised and 3 are Limited edition.  Would be great if 2 rows show up in Excel, 1 row for the 2 Revised edition Vesuvan Doppelgangers and 1 row for the 3 Limited edition Vesuvan Doppelgangers.  Thanks!! Great tool!

doneill220 wrote:

Excellent!  Being a business analyst, I'm a big advocate of Excel and would be ecstatic to have all of my cards available in a spreadsheet.  It would be great if would also "break out" all of our cards with editions as separate rows.  Eg.  I own 5 Vesuvan Doppelgangers, 2 are Revised and 3 are Limited edition.  Would be great if 2 rows show up in Excel, 1 row for the 2 Revised edition Vesuvan Doppelgangers and 1 row for the 3 Limited edition Vesuvan Doppelgangers.  Thanks!! Great tool!

Or have the expansion and number, ie, SOM079 | Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon

An export feature would be greatly appreciated.

doneill220 wrote:

I second this thought of separating cards by edition.  I know that each card has a unique ID on wizard's own gatherer website.  For instance a search on Gatherer for Lightning bolt will yield the lightning bolt from the most recent printing but other printings of that card exist.  On the results page for any given card there are links to other printings.  Each of these other printings of cards have a unique ID.  As an avid collector and slightly type-a personality type I already have my cards inventoried digitally in this fashion.  The ability to have my inventory available to me online is very attractive but in the case of cards that have been printed more than once i cannot tell which editions I own.  I have put my inventory into deckbox using the mass import tool and it seems that the only way to put specific data about any individual cards is to go through one by one....when you have over 10,000 cards this could be very tedious.  If the mass import tool could look for extra data (edition, condition, foil) that would be the sweet.

Personally i'm having trouble with the lack of excel/formatting and printing options.  I'm trying to build a cube with a friend but there is no easy way to quickly share my library or portions of my library (except as a deck).

While having the basic outpost of QT cardname is ok if you are printing up a quick list, it seems like a csv or excel or odf would work so much better and be able to include tons more data.

Also one thing thats a bit odd, from an SEO standpoint i've noticed if you search for 'deckbox.org export' in google it brings up EVERY SINGLE page generated as the 'print-friendly' page.  Kind of an odd result.

I'm just going to nth the request for an export feature. It's definitely something I'd love to see.

I agree.  absolutely needs an export function

Actually, that is exactly what I was coming to the forums to post about.  What gets printed when you print your inventory.

Even just what Rarity the cards are would be a nice start (M) (R) (U) (C)

But the ability to print anything that you can actually show in your inventory would be excellent.  Edition, Cost, Power, Toughness, Price...

And the one thing that would be a GREAT edition to the Inventory is to be able to show the Card Rules as well.... and then to print that would be SUPER awesome.  That would be amazingly helpful when deck building.  You would be able to not only see the cards that you have but also what they did.  I know I could really use that as I am new getting back into MTG.

Totally Jayyness