Re: R/W Boros deck

Piffguru wrote:

lol yes evasion does do that.

I just took out cavalry pegasus, I was thinking the same thing.. most of my stuff is human so why not make them flying, it was really underwhelming for some reason and I strait removed them but I did only have 2 in so mayb 4 of would make it more effective. I totally forgot about boros charm not targeting creatures, I guess Ill have to leave magma jet in.

Here is something I thought bout doing but havent tried yet.. throwing in spark jolt to essentially target my own creature to trigger heroic and get the scry, and if for some reason the 1 damage would help kill another creature so be it.

Yea all those reasons you gave about wingsteed rider are why I havent put it in yet. I guess its really just a no go..

The reason for the legion loyalist would be cause I have access to 4 of them lol but I would love to put in 4 soldier of the pantheons that would probably be my best option.. gotta get 3 more of those.

Funny thought.. put in door of destinies and choose humans lol. mana cost is too high imo but mayb it could work

With regard to Spark Jolt, it's far better if your spells are actively contributing to the board state - to which one could easily say that poking your own guys is a BAD idea - especially given that an unpumped Phalanx Leader would die to said poke.  Dragon Mantle, Martial Glory, and perhaps Gods Willing would be sufficient to trigger heroic for the deck.

Door of Destinies is a neat card, but unless you're ramping, odds are it'll come down far too late to really make a difference.

too my knowledge the heroic ability triggers immediately because its the act of targeting that triggers it and so the phalanx leader would buff before taking the 1 damage from the stack going down. Although you are right the gods willing would do pretty much the exact thing

Piffguru wrote:

too my knowledge the heroic ability triggers immediately because its the act of targeting that triggers it and so the phalanx leader would buff before taking the 1 damage from the stack going down. Although you are right the gods willing would do pretty much the exact thing

You're right... brain fart right there.  But I would still suggest Gods Willing as it'll help protect your creatures against spot removal while also providing scrying.

I think ill make some of these changes and try this deck out again at the next FNM. Ill post back my results for better or worse lol

Thx alot for letting me bounce my ideas off you. much appreciated