Topic: First attempts at deck building - Critiques welcome

Haven't played MTG for about 2-3 years and just rejoined at a Phyrex release about a week ago.... have over 1000 cards already... ugh!  I forgot how addicting this game is...

Anyway, since the block is completely new to me and I have been away a while, building decks has been quite a cumbersome task.  But this weekend I put together a couple decks to try out tonight at Wizard's Chest Casual Magic night....

Would anyone be so kind as to take a look at my 2 decks and see if I am going the right direction here?  Constructive comments and Critiques are most welcome.

I went with 24 lands but not sure if I should have gone with 26 as I don't think either deck has much mana fixing.  And if you see cards that you don't think should be in the decks at all, let me know... and a replacement suggestion would be fantastic...

For example, I had the Mirrorworks in my UB removal deck but realized later it was ONLY for artifacts which I just don't have that many of in that deck and realized that those cards would be much more powerful in the Phyrexian Mana Burn deck...

Anyway, let me know if you think I am headed the right direction in ideas for decks or if I am completely off roll

TIA!

Re: First attempts at deck building - Critiques welcome

If your talking about you mana burn deck I think you have to many high casting cost things.
3 color decks can be very difficult as well Id focus on a 2 color deck at first 22 lands should be enough but you may need to take some life damage to get out big cards in a pinch. The deck looks pretty good so far but in tournaments I found speed to be very effective.