Topic: Places to Play MTG in Denver

Thought I would give a shout-out to two places I have found to play MTG here in case anyone else in the Denver area didn't already know about them.

The Wizard's Chest
- Monday's they have a decent amount of people that show up for Casual Night.  Good time to meet people, talk about MTG cards and combos, and play games with other players for free.
- Friday nights are Draft Night (House rules prevent rare drafting so you can focus on building a playable deck and everyone goes home with a rare or two and a stack of uncommons... plus any commons you drafted).  Cost is $20 but you also get a $10 gift certificate that you can use for the next draft so the 2nd one only costs you $10 or you can use that certificate on anything else in the store.
- They also have a Standard night which is a $5 entry but I am not sure what night that is as I have not attended because I don't have any decks that I imagine would stand up against anything anyone else would have right now.
- Tucker is their resident Magic Expert who can also spin a mean yo-yo.

Enchanted Grounds
Cool name for a cool place. 
-  Wednesday is MTG Draft night.  $11 for the draft.  Same House-Rules for the Draft as Wizard's Chest.
I am sure they have more stuff happening throughout the week like FNM and Release Events and such but so far I have only been their once for the Wednesday Draft but I had a good time and will be returning to play again there.

-EDIT-
OH, I forgot to mention that The Wizard's Chest also has a Customer Appreciation Program that you will get a 10% off anything in the store for joining and as you play in events (Tournies and Drafts) you build up points and you can earn 10% off all purchases for the year.  So if you do head down to Wizard's Chest, be sure to sign up for that.  If you do, please let them know that Jay Howard referred you... it gets me points and a step closer to my next 10% off coupon lol

Last edited by jayyness (2011-05-16 18:19:57)