Topic: Necromancy and Warpstone experiments

If you play a unit from your discard pile with Necromancy trait, you have to retuen it tothe bottom of your deck at the end of your turn.
if you play Warpstone Experiments on that unit, you have to sacrifice it at the end of your turn.

My question is at the end of your turn do you place it on the bottom of the deck or sacrifice it and place back in the discard pile?

Re: Necromancy and Warpstone experiments

This is by no means an official answer, so please take it with a grain of salt, as it's just how I feel the situation would be resolved based on what I do know of the rules.

Both Warpstone Experiments and Necromancy cause something to happen to the unit at end of turn. This means that both have the same triggering condition (that is, the end of the turn). Since you are the controller of both the Necromancy unit and the Warpstone Experiments that targeted it, you choose which to resolve first (the resolution of either effect would cancel the effect of the other in this case).

This theory is based on the knowledge that Forced effects, when triggered on the same condition or timing occurrence and controlled by the same player, are resolved in the order of the controller's choice.

I see it another way.  Its true that both effects have to apply in the order you wish but no matters what you do it will ends under your deck.

I mean, if you choose to sacrifice first, then the second effect applies anyway (where is the card at this moment do not change anything) so you'll have to take it from your discard and put it under your deck.

Now if you choose to put it under your deck first, the second effect applies but as the unit is already ''dead'' and under the deck it will not be moved to your discard as it is no more sacrificed (you cannot sacrifice a unit that is not in play).

The FAQ have something about this...

Both (necromancy and Experiments) are triggered in the same moment - u choose which one should be first.

If u choose necromancy then stack is:
1. Necromancy
2. Experiments

Resolve:
2. Experiments => unit is dead => discard
1. Necromancy => nothing, illegal target

@@@@@

If u choose Experiments then stack is:
1. Experiments
2. Necromancy

Resolve:
2. Necromancy => unit goes to bottom of the deck