Topic: Request for 'altered art' indicator and other indicators.

I love the fact that the site allows you to enter things like "foil", "Artist signed", "Textless", and "Promo", but could you also add icons for "Altered Art", "Artist Proof", and "Gold Bordered"?

Perhaps also an indicator for CE/IE (collector's edition/international edition) or even a separate set for CE/IE with square bordered card images would also be appropriate? 

I'm personally not looking for gold bordered cards or CE cards, but I've seen people try to enter them into their collection by marking them as promo, and I have two artists proofs in my collection marked as promo, but that's not really accurate.  I've also seen someone use the 'promo' tag to indicate an altered art card, which isn't helpful if you're actually looking for a promo version of the card.

I don't think these are urgent by any means, just a suggestion, that I'm hoping would not be too difficult to implement.  I don't think prices need to be calculated for these items, since they aren't calculated for promos and these items only appeal to certain collectors.  It would also make it easier for people who actually want these things to find them.  smile

edit:  I'd also like to see these indicators somewhere on the spoiler view if that's possible.

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2013-11-21 18:50:12)

Re: Request for 'altered art' indicator and other indicators.

+1

Currently, I use a workaround for the gold-bordered cards that I have listed. I don't have any textless cards, so I marked my gold-bordered ones as textless and made a note about it on my profile.

I couldn't care less about what color border my sleeved cards have, and I have a strict budget, so getting gold-bordered versions of more expensive cards is the only way I'll ever get them, outside of proxying. It'd be nice to be able to look for those specifically, although I understand they don't have a general market value through TCGPlayer.

Last edited by BetweenWalls (2013-11-20 15:12:28)

i agree with this as i do have a few altered hand painted tokens but may end up doing actual cards one day and that would be nice to add to my tradelist

VampireArmy wrote:

i agree with this as i do have a few altered hand painted tokens but may end up doing actual cards one day and that would be nice to add to my tradelist

It would be nice to be able to list tokens on our wants and inventories too.  smile  But I understand as deckbox uses TCG's API those items need to be available on TCG player first.

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2013-11-21 18:51:19)

gumgodMTG wrote:
VampireArmy wrote:

It would be nice to be able to list tokens on our wants and inventories too.  smile  But I understand as deckbox uses TCG's API those items need to be available on TCG player first.

Time to drop the dependency on TCGPlayer I'd say, it's holding DB down!

> http://deckbox.org/users/Rainar
> Trading with anyone in Europe!

It would be nice to mark a card as an alternate art version for sure, especially when listing cards and checking off collection, and it would also be nice to be able to sort/filter by that too when you are sorting what cards you have and what cards you are looking out for.

As for coloured borders, this could be interesting too.

Rainar wrote:

Time to drop the dependency on TCGPlayer I'd say, it's holding DB down!

Considering that TCGPlayer is, by a wide margin, the largest source for MTG retail, I'm not all that sure it makes sense to make that sort of move.

At current you can get a bit creative with the filters and I might see where Sebi can add another filter or two in the next release.  But if it's an alternate/altered art of a card that never had a promo, why not just mark it as a "promo" for the sake of your Deckbox collection?  Or, in the event you don't have any signed cards, why not just mark your altered arts as being "signed?"

Maybe I'm being weird here, but I don't know that the site really needs 20 filters to fill out for each card.  I can imagine many users probably think there are too many filters as it stands right now.

I actually think that it would be better to have more filters. I am one that has many different types of cards and because of that, the more options, the better. My collection is too big to remember exactly what i have marked as signed/foiled/textless that is not really that. For example- i have different Icy Manipulators- some signed, different sets, even CE. As of right now, since there is no work around, i have just not added them into deckbox (witch is what this site is for). I for one would love to differentiate from them all, even if it is by an icon like foil or whatever. Anything is better than nothing.  It would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thank you!