Topic: Selling some cards need money for heart transplant.Lots of Strd

Just got out of my surgery yesterday, I'm officially qualified for a heart transplant after 4 years of trying.  Now I need to pay for it.  I've been trying to raise money for this for a few months now with my website and through reddit and locally.  I have to pay for my flight to NY to go to Columbia Hospital, pay for the transplant, this surgery I just had, medications right now,etc.
http://nebula.wsimg.com/cf93d456103307e5d96aee0091f58aff?AccessKeyId=3A380ED3E8B493A7F594&disposition=0&alloworigin=1
http://www.heartformike.com

So I'm selling some cards in my tradelist (plus the ones listed below).  I'd rather not sell the old stuff yet because a lot of it is from my childhood and I hate getting rid of sentimental things.  But I do have it up just in case.

I'm also trading cards because I still play commander and modern but I can't keep playing standard anymore because I can't make friday anymore with my new schedule at the hospital.

I ship all my cards in a bubble mailer with tracking.  I try my very best to package things exactly how I would want to receive them.

I'll sell things $0.80 to the $1.00 on deckbox prices.  So that means if something is priced $10.  I will sell it for $8.  I ask for a minimum purchase price of $20 because its quite expensive for me to ship the cards the way I do.   I'd also be willing to trade for MTGO tickets since I will most likely no longer be able to play too much in person because my immune system is practically gone and infection and influenza are incredibly dangerous for me.  Right now I'm playing with a michael jackson mask on for commander night.  So being able to play magic at home would be nice.  I do not have an account yet though but my friend said he would let me borrow his.

Here's an idea of what I have.  Not everything is in my trade list I'm still adding stuff, message me to ask me if I have them and I'll will confirm if I still do.  Nearly everything I have is from trading or from buying with store credit from winning drafts/modern night matches.
Standard

4x Stormbreath Dragons
2x Polukranos
2x Blood Baron of Vizkopa
6x Master of Waves (idk why I have so many, I just keep getting them in drafts or prize packs)
3x Thassa, God of the Sea
3x Jace, Architect of Thought

http://deckbox.org/sets/497456

Last edited by Rocturnal (2013-12-14 13:29:35)

Re: Selling some cards need money for heart transplant.Lots of Strd

I just want to say that I'm so glad to hear you qualify for the transplant. I worked at a dialysis clinic (for those who don't know it's a place where people with end stage kidney failure go to receive treatment) and I saw how hard it was on those waiting for a transplant. And that for an organ everyone is born with two of. I can't imagine waiting for a heart. What a golden gift indeed. I hope you can raise the money necessary and I wish you the very best.

Everyone keeps messaging me about the Tundra, so here are pictures of it.

http://i.imgur.com/sjt5SZJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0tkuFiu.jpg

Last edited by Rocturnal (2013-12-13 05:43:11)

D_Lillz89 wrote:

I just want to say that I'm so glad to hear you qualify for the transplant. I worked at a dialysis clinic (for those who don't know it's a place where people with end stage kidney failure go to receive treatment) and I saw how hard it was on those waiting for a transplant. And that for an organ everyone is born with two of. I can't imagine waiting for a heart. What a golden gift indeed. I hope you can raise the money necessary and I wish you the very best.

I've spoken with many cardiologists and read about my odds.  I believe I'm more likely to die trying to get a heart then getting one.  But they Doctors have said I would never get this far.  I see myself as the exception.  I've been known to defy odds.  I was born with a heart defect that kills 99 out of 100 people born with it.  I've survived 12 major heart surgeries and yesterday was my 13th.  I know I will most likely never have a chance to live a normal life but that won't stop me from trying my hardest.  Because if I can do it, others can too. There will be many more after me, but someone first has to path the way.

Last edited by Rocturnal (2013-12-13 05:51:41)

Are you selling internationally?

I'm chiefly interested in the Tundra.  If I get that, I may get other stuff as well.

kevinls wrote:

I'm chiefly interested in the Tundra.  If I get that, I may get other stuff as well.

Oh man, I don't know.  That would cost me a lot to ship and I've never shipped internationally before.

Hello! I am sorry to hear about your state. It must be really difficult.

I am interested in the Tundra and a dive top. Get back to me!

Exodus_9 wrote:

Hello! I am sorry to hear about your state. It must be really difficult.

I am interested in the Tundra and a dive top. Get back to me!

You're about the 6th person to say that about the Tundra.

Hey, do you still have the Stormbreaths and Polukranoseseseses? I was planning on getting some for my friend's Christmas present anyways, and I'd love to rather buy them while supporting a good cause than from a big online retailer.

Best of luck to you in the coming months!

Also, ninja edit: are you selling the Lotleth Trolls as well?

Last edited by fiveagen (2013-12-13 12:08:55)

Rocturnal wrote:

Just got out of my surgery yesterday, I'm officially qualified for a heart transplant after 4 years of trying.  Now I need to pay for it.  I've been trying to raise money for this for a few months now with my website and through reddit and locally.  I have to pay for my flight to NY to go to Columbia Hospital, pay for the transplant, this surgery I just had, medications right now,etc.
http://nebula.wsimg.com/cf93d456103307e5d96aee0091f58aff?AccessKeyId=3A380ED3E8B493A7F594&disposition=0&alloworigin=1
http://www.heartformike.com

So I'm selling some cards in my tradelist (plus the ones listed below).  I'd rather not sell the old stuff yet because a lot of it is from my childhood and I hate getting rid of sentimental things.  But I do have it up just in case.

I'm also trading cards because I still play commander and modern but I can't keep playing standard anymore because I can't make friday anymore with my new schedule at the hospital.

I ship all my cards in a bubble mailer with tracking.  I try my very best to package things exactly how I would want to receive them.

I'll sell things $0.80 to the $1.00 on deckbox prices.  So that means if something is priced $10.  I will sell it for $8.  I ask for a minimum purchase price of $20 because its quite expensive for me to ship the cards the way I do.   I'd also be willing to trade for MTGO tickets since I will most likely no longer be able to play too much in person because my immune system is practically gone and infection and influenza are incredibly dangerous for me.  Right now I'm playing with a michael jackson mask on for commander night.  So being able to play magic at home would be nice.  I do not have an account yet though but my friend said he would let me borrow his.

Here's an idea of what I have.  Not everything is in my trade list I'm still adding stuff, message me to ask me if I have them and I'll will confirm if I still do.  Nearly everything I have is from trading or from buying with store credit from winning drafts/modern night matches.

Standard

4x Liliana of the Dark Realms
4x Stormbreath Dragons
4x Sacred Foundry
4x Polukranos (1 from the Gods vs Heroes deck)
3x Chandra, Pyromasters
2x Blood Baron of Vizkopa
6x Master of Waves (idk why I have so many, I just keep getting them in drafts or prize packs)
4x Thassa, God of the Sea
2x Jace, Architect of Thought
3x Ajani, Caller of the Pride

http://deckbox.org/sets/497456

Older Stuff I found in my Mom's garage.  I most likely won't sell any of this unless I must or the offer is good because atm these are the only cards I can actually play with at my LGS and I don't have a MTGO account.

4x Liliana of the Veil (friend gave me these a few months ago when I started playing again)
1x LP Volcanic Island
4x LP-NM Stoneforge Mystic
4x Arid Mesa
2x Aluren
2x Sensei's Divining Top
1x Judge Foil Sword of Light and Shadow  (friend traded it to me)
1x Necropotence Deckmaster foil (I think thats what this is, its not the FTV one)
4x Verdant Catacombs
1x NM Foil Doubling Season
1x MP Bayou
1x MP Scrubland
2x Burgeoning
1x Ethersworn Canonist (foil)
1x Nirkana Revenant
1x Jace, The Mind Sculptor (WW)

I'd be interested in the Tundra, Scrubland, and Volcanic Island - how much are you looking for for all?

If you could find a way to ship to Canada, my friend and I would buy tons!
Best if luck, please respond if you do accept international shipping soon. We would like to help.

Rocturnal wrote:
kevinls wrote:

Oh man, I don't know.  That would cost me a lot to ship and I've never shipped internationally before.

FWIW, I've done ~100 transactions between this site and others without tracking (usually PWE) with no problems.  From US it should be well under $2.

It looks like you have no shortage of people interested, though.

Someone from reddit sent me here, and I wanted to contribute to the cause.  I just got back into magic after having to liquidate my collection for health reasons a few years back(though not as serious as yours) so it's a cause I can relate to.

I'm interested in the Ajani, Caller of Pride x3, one of the Divining tops, and Sacred Foundry x4. 

I'll shoot you a PM as well just to cover bases in case this thread gets swamped(and I hope that it does!)

Cheers,
Justin

interested in prices on LoTV, tundra and Volcanic island

I'm interested in some Arid Mesa's and Verdant Catacomb's smile What are you asking?

Donated. Wasn't much, I'm a college student trying to get into med school, so I'm really in a bit of debt. Wish I could do more. Good luck and happy holidays, keep us posted as you sell cards.

pystdragon wrote:

Someone from reddit sent me here, and I wanted to contribute to the cause.  I just got back into magic after having to liquidate my collection for health reasons a few years back(though not as serious as yours) so it's a cause I can relate to.

I'm interested in the Ajani, Caller of Pride x3, one of the Divining tops, and Sacred Foundry x4. 

I'll shoot you a PM as well just to cover bases in case this thread gets swamped(and I hope that it does!)

Cheers,
Justin

Hey Justin,

Lets setup a trade and see what we can do?

Eevee wrote:

Donated. Wasn't much, I'm a college student trying to get into med school, so I'm really in a bit of debt. Wish I could do more. Good luck and happy holidays, keep us posted as you sell cards.

Thank you Eevee!

Last edited by Rocturnal (2013-12-13 18:55:43)

TBittenbender wrote:

interested in prices on LoTV, tundra and Volcanic island

Current offers are

$36 each for the LoTV.
$85 for the Tundra
And no offers so far on Volcanic Island.  I have to figure this one out.  Its in pretty good condition.

fiveagen wrote:

Hey, do you still have the Stormbreaths and Polukranoseseseses? I was planning on getting some for my friend's Christmas present anyways, and I'd love to rather buy them while supporting a good cause than from a big online retailer.

Best of luck to you in the coming months!

Also, ninja edit: are you selling the Lotleth Trolls as well?

yes I am

torgu wrote:

I'm interested in some Arid Mesa's and Verdant Catacomb's smile What are you asking?

$28 each for Arid Mesa

You live near me btw.  We both go to Equilbrium Games

Last edited by Rocturnal (2013-12-13 23:34:13)

Rocturnal wrote:
torgu wrote:

$28 each for Arid Mesa

You live near me btw.  We both go to Equilbrium Games

Yeah I'm coming back in town today so I'll actually be around the store more often haha, what are you asking for the verdant catacombs?

id offer 80 for the volc. 90 if NM

I would love to buy those Verdant Catacombs off you how much?

Last edited by Keymasher (2013-12-14 10:15:10)

Donated.  Praying for you and all the kids (and adults) that will be inspired by your story!