Topic: Drain Magic at an own spell

Drain Magic

i just played Isha's Gaze

opponent has also HE cards in his deck and plays Vaul's Unmaking right next

i now play Drain Magic on my Isha's Gaze because my opponent would have to target an own attachment now!?

Last edited by 5oRitez (2011-05-10 15:02:33)

Re: Drain Magic at an own spell

1st of all,

when you open chain playing Ishas Gaze opponent cannot play Vauls unmaking before chain is complete and Attachment enters play.

2nd. You can play drain magic only in response to ishas gaze to cancel it.

3rd. If somehow Ishas Gaze leave play before Vaul unmaking will be resolved, then Vaul unmaking has no legal target and is canceled.

Last edited by DaRKeR (2011-05-10 22:33:34)

ok

i can play drain magic on vauls unmaking because its a spell but not on ishas gaze because another card (vauls unmaking) has been played already, so ishas gaze is not "just played" anymore..
i thought one had this intervention option when an opponent announces/plays a reaction to your move

i thought however that vauls unmaking must fulfill its targeting though like usually effects from units would have to

For Vaul´s Unmaking to target your Isha´s Gaze it must have come into play. If it has already made it into play, you can´t target it with Drain Magic anymore, since it´s already played

yo

i am very behind the game-mechanics of whi
i still hav built not a single deck to meat the ones of my mate who started earlier since the beginning of whi
i played wh40k back in the days n my mind is always building deccks for a complkete army...especially since the rules say that a deck can have 100 cards
and while im thinking im missing certain steps
like on this one
but im gettin closer with this
ive already bet my mate a few times

i now understand, why everybody is only using 50 cards

i sense space for bigger decks since the legends.....well see....

this question was dumb and has been answered already
thx though big_smile