Topic: [Standard-ish] Selesnya agro-ish

My Deck: http://deckbox.org/sets/609239

Extra restriction: only cards from M14, THS and BNG (I started playing magic again when m14 was out, don't want to invest in the past)

The plan: get some hexproof stuff out there asap (Fleecemane Lion and/or Witchstalker and pump it up). Soldier of the Pantheon for some early pressure, 1 Brimaz, King of Oreskos because he is good and I happen to have one and don't want to buy any others.

Tips/suggestions would be very welcome. (remember my extra restrictions tho)

Re: [Standard-ish] Selesnya agro-ish

maybe I don't entirely understand. Is this deck going to remain in standard as it starts rotating or will it be set to the Theros Block + M14? What will it be playing against?

So for one, I get the whole fear of rotation bit, but there are a few cards you can pick up from the RTR block that would REALLY up the power of this deck.  Namely, Ethereal Armor and Unflinching Courage.  You're already running hexproof stuff and likely want to pump them via enchants... these two are the KEY pieces for any U/G Voltron sort of deck.  Armor is common and Courage is uncommon, so we're talking like $3-4 total here.

As for cards in Theros and such that would make sense... Eidolon of Countless Battles.  It's far better than Ordeal of Heliod in here.

TRZ wrote:

maybe I don't entirely understand. Is this deck going to remain in standard as it starts rotating or will it be set to the Theros Block + M14? What will it be playing against?

It will rotat with standard. And i'm aiming for competitive standard

TyWooOneTime wrote:

So for one, I get the whole fear of rotation bit, but there are a few cards you can pick up from the RTR block that would REALLY up the power of this deck.

I know, but the extra rule makes for a nice chalange aswell smile

TyWooOneTime wrote:

As for cards in Theros and such that would make sense... Eidolon of Countless Battles.  It's far better than Ordeal of Heliod in here.

I'll defenetly consider putting that one in smile

I think TyWoo has it right about now. The Hex Proof Elf from 2014 would be a good choice too.

Without Shocks you need to adjust your mix because you have a much weaker mana base. Especially for an aggro deck. I'd try going all green splashing white for Ethereal Armour, Eidolon of Countless Battles and maybe Unflinching Courage but that breaks your rules so I dont know.

I think your extra restrictions dont make alot of sense but its your prerogative. The thing is it will be very hard to make a competitive standard deck when you're restricting yourself from the powerhouse block of standard right now, heck even 1/3rd of Theros isnt released yet. So thats about the best advice I have unfortunately.

My last .02 is that if you are aiming for theros based competitive standard some sort of Boros Burn/RDW is probably your best bet.

Firedrinker Satyr
Satyr Firedancer
Minotaur Skullcutter
magma Jet
Searing Blood

They form a fairly solid core to a RDW type deck, though thats not helpful in a thread on Selesnya.