Topic: Church of Sigmar and Visit the Haunted City

How does an opposing Church of Sigmar interact with a Visit the Haunted City?

I pay for the effect of Visit the Haunted City with ressources from the card - Church of Sigmar forces me to pay an additional ressource. Shouldn't that come from VtHC as well?

And if not (I have a suspicion it won't, seen as CoS isn't treated as a viable counter to VtHC) - why not?

Tried searching for it, but could find no answer. Thanks for helping me out ...

Re: Church of Sigmar and Visit the Haunted City

When you "pay", resources come out of your pool. VTHC doesn't make you pay resources from itself, it tells you to discard resources from itself. For Church of Sigmar, it doesn't matter what the cost of the card effect is (none, paying resources, discarding/removing resources, corrupting your own unit, dealing damage to your own unit, or whatever), it simply makes you pay 1 resource in addition to that cost, even if that cost doesn't originally include paying resources.

Last edited by Mallumo (2011-07-04 21:48:53)

Skarsnik and Gobbla does not target units

besides:
"... three damage counters and one resource counter from S&G - which would be impossible of course. You pay the cost, removing three damage counters from S&G, and ..."

huh?

was du wolle erzählen für über kosten zu zahlen auf dat? lol

Last edited by 5oRitez (2011-07-04 20:46:49)

Yeah, wrong example. But you should get my drift.

ja ne...du hast irgendwie geschrieben, dass man erst den eigenen effekt bezahlt (und dann halt noch die church pro treffer) ^^

ed: aaah ....jetzt habbichs

Last edited by 5oRitez (2011-07-05 09:23:24)

Okay, looks like that's settled, then ... smile

Thanks, guys.
Would have been nice - but I guess CoS is mandatory enough as it is. :-/

yo, the additional resource from the pool is hard enough to pay ^^

but it is also, because the resource tokens that u gain on a quest and on cards in general, are not cash tokens like the ones that u gain in ur kingdom phase
EG u cannot steal a resource from a quest by using hate
it would have been clearer, if they had designed leveltokens or something, but in general, they are still resources but with a different meaning, depending on where they lay %) the kingdom-cash lays in your pool (imaginary if u dont use a special little ketchup tub)

Last edited by 5oRitez (2011-07-05 09:36:40)

i am pretty sure, that u even could not pay with Sack Tor Aendris or Defend Tor Aendris for church of sigmar, Iron Discipline, Asuryan's Cleansing,...

since they do pay for activating own effects

but i just learned that harpies trigger Sorceress Convent

any thoughts anyone?

Last edited by 5oRitez (2011-07-06 21:00:58)