Topic: Foil Deathrite Shaman

I was lucky enough to pull one from a pack long when RtR was first coming out, and it's been in a binder ever since. Now seeing as this is a legacy playable, should I trade it off now or wait a year or so and see how its doing then? If I wanted to trade it now, what would be a fair balanced trade in terms of a 1 for 1?

Re: Foil Deathrite Shaman

Moved to General Discussion - Helios

To be honest either option is fine, it just depends on what your actually looking for. Once it rotates out of standard and RTR is no longer in print (which I think is true right now) it will only climb from where it is now after an initial drop and could follow a similiar path of Noble Heirarch or Stoneforge Mystic.

Foil Deathrites will climb in value over the long term, its doubtful that rotating out of standard will even effect its value at all.  It will see play for many years, and it is extremely unlikely that another 1-mana creature comes along in those colors that will out-class it.  If you hold onto it, you probably will not regret it.

As far as a 1 for 1 trade?  I don't think I could recommend anything in Standard.  Maybe try to get a Dark Confidant for it if you play Modern.

It will only climb.