Topic: deckbox minimum prices

Personally, I don't like them. But I think there are a few things that can be done to make them integrate with the site better.

First, I think the whole thing would flow better if the minimum prices with which you can buy cards through deckbox were their own column instead of offsetting the average deckbox market price.

Also, I think the deckbox minimum prices would be more useful if they didn't show up in your inventory but rather in your wishlist. And maybe in other peoples inventories. I mean, if you have 1x copy of a card and want 3x more than, in theory, that card should be in your wishlist 3x times. And if you already have as many as you want of a particular card then there's really no point to showing how much you could buy it at when you're not even in the market.

Re: deckbox minimum prices

terrafrost wrote:

Personally, I don't like them.

If other users also feel this way, we will add an option on user settings pages that allows you to turn them off if you may not find them useful.

First, I think the whole thing would flow better if the minimum prices with which you can buy cards through deckbox were their own column instead of offsetting the average deckbox market price.

I'm not sure if it helps if we just put them in a separate column... they'd just have another vertical line between them and the market price then...?

I'm not sure if it helps if we just put them in a separate column... they'd just have another vertical line between them and the market price then...?

The advantage would be that the market price would all start at the same position instead of them having staggered starting positions. ie. they'd all be in a straight line.

Also, nominally related to this...

It seems that clicking on "11 (100% positive)" in the attached screenshot ought to do the same thing that clicking on "Positive (11)" does instead of just highlighting "Positive (255)".

Last edited by terrafrost (2014-05-04 17:03:47)

Post's attachments

deckbox-ss.png 35.42 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I would like to see the option of using either price as well.

frankenskid wrote:

Same here. While I find the minimum prices useful information to have at times, I'm not sure it's in the ideal spot. It's not something I need to constantly refer to - my inventory would look much cleaner with only one price column.

terrafrost wrote:

Also, I think the deckbox minimum prices would be more useful if they didn't show up in your inventory but rather in your wishlist.

This.

frankenskid wrote:

Alternatively, this.

terrafrost wrote:

Also, I think the deckbox minimum prices would be more useful if they didn't show up in your inventory but rather in your wishlist.

but ideally, this.

Makes sense that you would only care about the minimum price of cards you're looking for.

I agree as well. I don't really want to see the minimum price unless I'm actually looking to buy the card. It's also kind of distracting on the trade dialogue page to have two prices. If I'm trading for a card, I don't really care what the cost to buy the card is, it just muddles things up when I'm trying to even out the trade.