Topic: Neutral feedback guidelines

I would like to open a discussion about adding some rules to when it's appropriate to leave neutral feedback. We already have clear guidelines on negative, but I think some people are quicke to leave neutral feedback when it's not really warranted. As long as everything done was within the guidelines listed on the site, I would think that the default would be positive feedback with reasons being required for neutral, and approval being needed to leave negative (which we have now). What does the community/mods think?

Re: Neutral feedback guidelines

I wholeheartedly agree. The only issue I see is that this could/would add more work for the admins.

The issue with needing reasons to leave neutral feedback is that those "reasons" could or would overlap with the same "reasons" to leave Negative feedback. Not saying that some guidelines for neutral feedback wouldnt help but it might convolute the difference between leaving negative and leaving neutral.

I can kinda see that, but that would be more of a user brought up thing. Where they get neutral feedback, and feel like it's not bad enough to warrant negative feedback, and so count themselves lucky. My issue is with people that immediately jump to neutral feedback and don't give you chance to make things right and get a positive for little things you could have fixed.

frankenskid wrote:

I can kinda see that, but that would be more of a user brought up thing. Where they get neutral feedback, and feel like it's not bad enough to warrant negative feedback, and so count themselves lucky. My issue is with people that immediately jump to neutral feedback and don't give you chance to make things right and get a positive for little things you could have fixed.

Or the people that leave neutral feedback just because they didn't like you or for no reason whatsoever.