Topic: Deck Building Option

As a new player, it would be great if our inventory included a link which could show decks made with cards already in our inventory. That would help me immensely.

Re: Deck Building Option

xMatch wrote:

...decks made with cards already in our inventory...

Can you elaborate?

Last edited by Chaim (2014-05-28 23:27:26)

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck

I think he's trying to ask for a link that compares one's collection to all decks made on Deckbox, and displays decks that he owns all the cards from.

Yeah, so if I clicked through to my inventory, and then clicked the newly invented link which states something like "Decks built with cards existing in your inventory" then I would see decks other Deckboxers have built using cards which I already have.

+1 if you add a mechanic that lets people +/-1 decks that are built by Deckboxers.

DrakeSlade is right on.

DrakeSlade wrote:

I think he's trying to ask for a link that compares one's collection to all decks made on Deckbox, and displays decks that he owns all the cards from.

Here is a problem I see with that: If you want it to be that exact, then you are quite likely going to get no results unless you have a large inventory. After all, there are 14000+ cards.

xMatch wrote:

+1 if you add a mechanic that lets people +/-1 decks that are built by Deckboxers.

I give it a +1 as well.

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.

If the search focused on modern-only, maybe?

xMatch wrote:

If the search focused on modern-only, maybe?

That would make it worse, not better.

Upon reflection, you're probably right. But I have seen many decks on here that I have *nearly* all the cards for, I was thinking that surely there would be some that would match outright. I may be wrong, but it would be very interesting to see.

xMatch wrote:

Upon reflection, you're probably right. But I have seen many decks on here that I have *nearly* all the cards for, I was thinking that surely there would be some that would match outright. I may be wrong, but it would be very interesting to see.

'Nearly' is much easier to match than 'exactly'. Just add a "minimum percent of deck owned" option on the deck search.

Last edited by Chaim (2014-05-29 03:45:51)

That would be a great option.