Topic: M15 Core Set

So everything for M15 has been spoiled now, what are everyone's thoughts so far? What cards are you most looking forward?

For me it's the new Nissa and Garruk, the Urborg and Chord of Calling reprints, plus quite a few more. Looks to be an awesome set.

Re: M15 Core Set

As someone who plays primarily modern and edh, this set is a huge win for me. Urborg and Chord of Calling reprints are absolutely huge. The Soul cycle are going to see a lot of edh play since they provide so much card advantage. New Nissa is a bomb, New Garruk will be decent in edh and meh everywhere else, new Jace is kind of meh, and new Ajani and Chain Veil make super friends edh that much better. Sliver edh got a bunch of new friends. The red legendary dude that's a Rings of Brighthearth with legs will definitely see play in edh.

I don't see the set bringing much to modern or legacy. Perhaps the red dude that sacs for 2 will see play in modern. Ensoul Artifact will definitely see play.

The biggest card for me is Sliver Hivelord. The biggest threat to Sliver edh (or any aggro edh for that matter) is board wipes so indestructibility is very welcome.

Re: M15 Core Set

Looking forward to seeing what people do with Chain Veil. It has some nasty infinite implications that could be a lot of fun (and annoying to others).

I've never played with slivers but I think I'm going to have a build a deck now. Hivelord looks fun and the art is really cool.

Yisan, the Wanderer Bard has some potential so I'm looking forward to that one too. Like a poor man's Birthing Pod.

Ob Nixilis, Unshackled is just so dirty. If you can get him out quick he might be good in Modern too. Make people think twice about using their fetches.