Topic: Modern Deck [opinions]

I copied this modern deck then tweaked it to my liking I Just need advice on what cards to add or drop? And I cant get Ezuri   
https://deckbox.org/sets/730232

Re: Modern Deck [opinions]

am I correct in assuming this is a modified version of the green elf deck that I was fiddling with in my profile?
(Its cool if it is it just alters how I go about discussing it)

My thoughts:

Coiling Oracle needs blue so that's out. Sedge Scorpion is bad. Hornet Queen, while expensive, isn't a good finisher. Biorythm isn't that great for 8 mana. It's a big effect of course, but it won't win you the game and something that costs 8 mana should win you the game.

With all of the mana that the deck produces you should put in a few more higher-cost things:
- Terra Stomper
- Overrun
- Terastodon
- Gaea's Revenge
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa
Edit - Biomantic Mastery

Harmonize would also be good as a 4-of in this deck as Mono Green really lacks card draw.

The deck also absolutely needs some form of protection.
  - Wrap in Vigor

Last edited by Kammikaze (2014-07-14 19:17:58)

I like your ideas, Anything else for late game?

Yes it is a Tweaked Copy of your deck

Elvish Archdruid is a must have for an elf ramp deck.  They're cheap, and they buff all of your guys, and are capable of making crazy amounts of mana.

Harmonize is definitely a solid choice when you need to dig up something to use all of that mana on.

You might also consider some type of anthem effect for when you don't draw one of your bombs so you can make all of your little guys more formitable.  Something like Door of Destinies or Coat of Arms.

Replace the Satyrs with Viridian Emissary, same cost, better body, and better ramping.  Also fits the elf theme better.

Essence Warden might be good in the sideboard against aggro decks as she can gain a good chunk of life.

Another good cheaper finisher for you might be Bellowing Tanglewurm.  Alot of times, you can swing in for lethal with only that if they don't have green or artifact blockers.

So the deck that I was fiddling with was focused on ramping up Devotion to 3-4 and then Repeatedly using Nykthos to get a huge benefit and win. Without nykthos Voyaging Satyr definitely needs to go. I like alot of the suggestions so far, I would say that trying to get the Elvish Champions as soon as possible is probably a big addition to the deck. Giving your little dudes forestwalk is pretty good with Nylea's presence.

It won't be a horribly competative deck though. You're more than welcome to fiddle with it, it certainly has room to expand.