Topic: New g/b Midnight Crawlers Deck

So I am working on this g/b deck, running mana ramp to big creatures but slivers from 15 in the middle to deter attacking. Looking for some input on how to better adjust this deck, I have not played it yet, missing maybe 5 or 6 cards for main board (2 caryatids, nylea, and two of each sliver)

https://deckbox.org/sets/742526

Last edited by austinarcher10 (2014-07-28 18:15:55)

Re: New g/b Midnight Crawlers Deck

Reaper of the Wilds is a really good card.  I think you should be main decking it.

I would say you need a bit more removal and maybe reconsider your "1 of" cards.  I'd pull both of them out and put in Reapers.

I'd also consider pulling the slivers and putting some more mana ramping in to get your high cost items out.  You have a number of cards that want mana and there are a ton of options right now to help with that.  Or leave your slivers in and consider using Manaweft Sliver to help with the ramping.

I also noticed your going to need to run more lands.  24 minimum.  Not sure what to pull out to get there, but 20 lands is not going to cut it. 

Good luck and remember to have fun!

Last edited by Talus21 (2014-07-28 20:14:42)

Re: New g/b Midnight Crawlers Deck

I was hoping I could keep the land low and have the mystics and caryatids to ramp up, and the nyx to tap for devo. I was thinking about mana swift as well since caryatid can tap for any color. I have to see how it plays out once I get it rolling but I will def kept manaswift and the addition of more land in mind.