Topic: Have: 2014 SDCC box set w/Axe Want:Offers

Hi all,

I have a complete unopened 2014 SDCC promo set of planeswalkers with the Garruk Nerf Axe. Not really my cup of tea so I'd like to trade. The cards seem to be around $500-$550 in value and the axe about $50 in my quick look at SCG, TCG, MKM, and Amazon. I'd be interested in trading it towards cards on my wishlist with a strong preference towards dual lands / Gaea's cradle. Please shoot me a note if you're interested.

Re: Have: 2014 SDCC box set w/Axe Want:Offers

Not to rain on your parade or anything but those sets are only about $350 on ebay right now

I'm aware the cash value (e.g., ebay sold prices)  may be less.

I'm willing to trade ebay value for ebay value, or TCG for TCG or SCG for SCG.  Right now deckbox lists an Underground Sea as having a value of $280, but that's also not the ebay/cash value.

If you're interested, feel free to make an offer, if not, have a nice day.

If you can't get the $550 in value, you could think about doing repacks.  That worked for another guy on here I think.

rfioren wrote:

If you're interested, feel free to make an offer, if not, have a nice day.

The guy has 500 completed trades. Sounds like the kind of guy that does his homework.

daruiner wrote:

If you can't get the $550 in value, you could think about doing repacks.  That worked for another guy on here I think.

I did a quick search for SDCC but didn't see anything in the forums. How would it work to repack the 6 cards? 6 packs, a stack of random rares plus one random PW? I would have assumed the kinds of people that want these promos would be different form the kinds of people willing to take a flier on a repack, but I'd be willing to try that out if people were interested.

It was sarcasm cause of this whole crazy thing yesterday. Disregard his comment.

daruiner wrote:

I lol'd

I mean the thing is not likely to lose value so just waiting till you get the right offer should be fine. I hope you get what you're asking for and stay COMPLETELY away from repacks.

Last edited by fairportmagic (2014-08-16 11:42:55)