Topic: Feature requests to improve Deckbox for MTG

Awesome work on the site, it's really super useful. As an avid commander player, Deckbox has helped me keep track of my decks and cards that I hope to acquire. My requests relate to my experiences with the MTG aspect of the site.

Here my functionality suggestions:

1. Ability to set Edition and Foil Tags in Deck Building Mode - This is mainly to keep track of the valuation of decks, however it would also be useful for MTG players who collect towards foiling their decks and want to keep track of that, and possibly for those who insure their cards.

2. Option in deckbuilding mode to add the current deck to your inventory - For those who primarily use the site to manage the Decks that they own it would be very expedient to be able to directly apply these to your inventory and start adding relevant cards in your collection to it in that way.

3. Subfolders for the Wishlist - A very valuable feature for players who are searching for cards for many different decks at once. With only a single wishlist it is sometimes hard to keep track of the reason why you put the card on the list in the first place. Allowing the user to add named subfolders in addition to having access to the master list would be very helpful. The same system could be applied to the tradelist and inventory for organisation purposes.

4. A Want List section for the Deckbuilder - I've been using the sideboard area for this when building commander decks but it is not ideal because the cards that are added affect the total price figure for the deck. An added section for cards that the user is looking to acquire (or is unsure about including in the main list and is experimenting with) would be great and could possibly be linked to the wishlist subfolders I mentioned.

5. Additional Deck Statistics - The current deck analysis tools are definitely useful but they can perhaps be expanded upon. The average converted mana cost for the deck, average creature power/toughness, as well as a pie chart of the card type percentages (artifact, creature, land, etc..) would all be fantastic.

6. Different export options for Decklists - Here I would suggest adding the option of a simple .txt file with quantity and card name (and optional other columns) in each line. This would make it easier to send a legible card list to another party who might not be a user of the site.

7. Ability to specify card details in the import cards widget - Another ease of use tweak would be to allow users set the edition, condition, foil, etc as they've entered the name into the card box. Under the special properties drop down (the one with the gear icon) 'altered' should be added as an option.

I hope you find this feedback useful. Keep up the great work guys:)!

Re: Feature requests to improve Deckbox for MTG

Devs, any thoughts on these points:)?

Yep, all good ideas, and most of them are on our radar!

For a simple deck export you can use the print option in the Tools menu. You get something like this:

http://deckbox.org/sets/739069/export

That's great to know, thank you very much!

Friendly bump smile

Feature request #1 would be something I'd buy Premium for.

Thanks for the continuous upgrades, love the site!