Topic: U/R/W Control Deck

Blue/Red/White Control, decklist as it stands: https://deckbox.org/sets/775455

Possible Changes
-When Kahns of Tarkir comes out I plan to do some swapping and add in Mystic Monastery, and Sage of the Inward Eye
-Lightning Strike and Magma Spray are probably not that useful, but I'm not sure what I'd use in their place
-I probably need some sort of board wipe

General Strategy

Turn 1
If I go first I want to open with Soldier of the Pantheon, If I go second or don't pull Soldier of the Pantheon I'll play a removal effect (void snare or magma spray depending) on my opponent's opening creature if they have one.

Turn 2
If I fielded Soldier of the Pantheon I'll want to follow it up with Ajanis Pridemate. If I don't have Ajani's Pridemate or Soldier of the Pantheon has not been played, I'll put a/another Soldier of the Pantheon out. If neither of those are options I'll remove any creatures my opponent has played.

Turn 3
Ideally I have Ajani's Pridemate/Soldier of the Pantheon out, if I do I play Spellheart Chimera. If I can't achieve either of these goals I save my mana for counterspelling/removal.

Turn 4
At this point I hopefully have either the Ajani's Pridemate/Soldier of the Pantheon Combo, Spellheart Chimera, or I've used removal effects to keep my opponent from having any creatures. At this point if I don't at least have Soldier of the Pantheon or Spellheart Chimera out creatures are top priority. If I have creatures out I start focusing on preventing my opponent from doing anything.

Suggestions?

Re: U/R/W Control Deck

In my experience, control decks like to run a bunch of removal and counters to stall the game long enough to be able to play big bombs, the most common at the moment being Elspeth, Sun's Champion. These decks generally run very few creatures.

Soldier of the Pantheon is an aggro card that doesn't belong in a control deck.
Ajani's Pridemate is best when in a deck that focuses on gaining life. Otherwise it's just a 2/2 for 2 which is nothing special.
Spellheart Chimera is best in a UR counter-burn deck which this kind of is, but would need some changes.
Thassa's Dissipate will only ever be "Counter target spell unless it's controller pays 1" because Spellheart Chimera is the only permanent that provides blue devotion. If you don't have a Chimera out it's a dead card.

If you want to go the typical full counter route, drop the white creatures and add some sweepers (as you said) and some big bombs. Sweepers I can think of: Anger of the Gods Mass Calcify and End Hostilities which will be printed in Khans of Tarkir.

If you want to go the counter-burn deck route, drop the white creatures and add more creatures that synergize with spells. I honestly couldn't tell you what this deck would look like because I play 0 standard, but I'm sure someone on these forums could help out if you want to do that.

Re: U/R/W Control Deck

I want to keep soldier of the pantheon because in Kahns of Tarkir there will be a ton of multicolor cards in play, because soldier of the pantheon has protection from multicolor it makes a good blocker. In addition this will cause its lifegain effect to active regularly thus pumping Ajani's Pridemate.
Ajani's Pridemate gets pumped from Soldier of the Pantheon, but yeah I see your point I probably don't have enough life gain for it to be viable.
Thassa's rebuff I meant to drop that earlier this was based off of my old mono blue deck.

I'm dropping Thassa's Rebuff and the white creatures.