Topic: Need some Ideas for a Token/life deck

Ok, so here the deals. I can make great decks. But I was asked to make this deck for my little cousin that is just starting out. I asked what he was looking for and he said a token or a life deck. Well, both can be made in a flash. But the more I looked through cards, I found that a token/life commander deck would be kick ass for him. G and W seem to be the colors that stick out the most, but i would like to throw some R and U in there to. I need a good commander that is token or life base or even a good pumper for the controller and G,W,R and U.

Re: Need some Ideas for a Token/life deck

I made a token/life/populate deck with Trostani, Selesnya's voice.
That as a commander is kick ass IMHO.

I do have that on my list. I even thought of using Rhys the Redeemed

Those are the two commanders you're after... The best way I've found to make a token deck effective is to limit the number of token types it is creating, in turn, improving the synergy of the various cards you're working with.  Thankfully you have a TON of options to choose between.  I would suggest trying out Soldiers if you want a more white-centric build, but one that SHOULD be nicer on the budget (and easier to track the cards down) these days.

Here's a link to the G/W token deck I made my GF using Trostani as the general:

https://deckbox.org/sets/694735

I hope that helps.

I'm thinking about making a similar deck without the life gain. I was looking at running Sigarda, Host of herons or Emmara Tandris as my commander. Both are pretty ridiculous, but Emmara is a must have in a token deck as it prevents all damage dealt to tokens.

I am new to deck building. This is not a commander deck, but it is my white healer deck.

https://deckbox.org/sets/782871

It works rather well.

I can openly say that if you're going to build without the life-gain, Sigarda is a MUCH better general than Emmara Tandris - she's just, well, bad... if you consider that for 1 more mana you're sitting on Avacyn, Angel of Hope.

Now that is funny I did entertain the thought of doing a Squirrel deck, but it was just not going to work for a commander deck. How ever, if I only keep it to soldiers white is great but the not only green for my other spells, red has some good enchantments and creatures for solders. ex: Assemble the Legion and Keldon Warlord. Gate crashers put out some good Soldier cards red/white with and without battalion That's why I'm looking for white, green, and red commander suggestions. And on the cheap side too, making Rhys the Redeemed and Trostani, Selesnya's voice good for the tokens.

Last edited by moondog11235813 (2014-09-25 13:12:27)

Kemba, Kha Regent puts 2/2 tokens in play based on equipment on her.

Last edited by rustytn83 (2014-09-25 20:29:49)