Topic: [EDH] Need help with Infect EDH (1v1)

Any suggestions for this 1v1 EDH?
https://deckbox.org/sets/797680

Last edited by xeph555 (2014-10-03 05:07:38)

Re: [EDH] Need help with Infect EDH (1v1)

My thoughts

1. Some people will hate you for playing infect for various reasons, including personal (strong) dislike for it or because...

2. Poison damage is still to 10 in EDH (just a reminder)

3. I cannot comment on the deck itself, as that is not the kind of deckbuilding I am good at.

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck

Chaim wrote:

My thoughts

1. Some people will hate you for playing infect for various reasons, including personal (strong) dislike for it or because...

2. Poison damage is still to 10 in EDH (just a reminder)

3. I cannot comment on the deck itself, as that is not the kind of deckbuilding I am good at.

1. I don't care if people like me or not, my goal is to win tongue
2. I know it's only 10 poison damage
3. Any suggestions to make this deck better?

Last edited by xeph555 (2014-10-03 14:06:18)

So a few quick thoughts from a very brief look through the list:

1) I think you're going to want spot removal more than board wipes.  Board wipes are great for GROUP EDH play, but will likely end up hurting you more than your opponent (considering that you only have 9 creatures).  It would be much better to take out their blocker, slide in the damage, and go from there.

2) Proliferate.  One issue with infect decks is that they can get bogged down against an opponent who has larger defenders.  Proliferate, specifically Contagion Clasp and Contagion Engine are marvelous ways to push through those last few poison counters when your creatures can no longer connect.

3) I'm seeing several of the staples for French (aka 1v1) EDH missing here.  Sol Ring?  This is the biggest one that comes to mind, but definitely worth sliding in there.

4) I would also suggest putting in a bit more of a backup win-con.  Whether it be Phyrexian Obliterator or Grave Titan or whatever, there will be times where you just can't get the infect in there to finish the job.

But honestly, if you wanted to build an infect, Rafiq of the Many can actually work with Glistener Elf for  T3 and T4 kills...

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll go make some modifications big_smile

you shouldn't limit yourself to black, your missing some of the best infect/proliferate cards like putrifax and thrumming bird and tezzeret's gambit. have you thought about the mimeoplasm as your commander but only run infect/proliferate cards and the goods? other than that i think it looks really good

Last edited by magical_jesse (2014-10-04 01:27:33)

Ok, thanks I'll try to make a new deck with mimeoplasm and post it again here

edit: completely missed that this was for 1 vs 1, some of my comments may not be relevant.

Tainted Strike should probably be in the deck, even if it's just to mess with other people's combat steps.

Night Terrors should probably just be Mind Twist.

I'm a big fan of Sudden Spoiling as a one sided effect.  It can help you get your general through, or stop shenanigans before they occur or in combination with something else to wipe part of the board.  It's also great on defense.

Buried Ruin is a good utility land you might want to consider also.

Liliana of the Dark Realms seems good.  Not only do you have a lot of swamps matter style cards, but her -3 can be removal or pump.

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-10-06 12:53:07)