Topic: Can no longer trade cards that are not on tradelist

This seems to have started with v3.9 and I see no mention of it in the announcement.

When trading a card that is in my inventory but not on my tradelist it's possible to propose the trade, but not accept it. This just makes more work for me to add it to my tradelist.

Then when I add it to my tradelist Deckbox sees the card has been "modified" and revokes the proposal in the trade. Again, more work and more back-and-forth.

I would like to see both of these points fixed, please!

Thanks

Re: Can no longer trade cards that are not on tradelist

This was mentioned by sebi on the second page of the announcement thread:

sebi wrote:

Trades cannot be accepted anymore unless all cards in them are available in the inventory and tradelist.
Hence, when the first trade for your Lightning Bolt is accepted, the Lightning Bolt is removed. The second trade cannot be accepted anymore unless you add a new ligthing bolt to your inventory.

in response to this question:

IronMagus wrote:

Question -- what happens in the following scenario:
I have one Lightning Bolt (for example) in my collection. I make several (let's say two) proposals offering this same card up for trade. Both of thm are accepted. With one of them, I confirm my address and send the Lightning Bolt. I no longer have a Lightning Bolt in my possession. With the other one, I cancel the trade and...one Lightning Bolt is added back onto my inventory and tradelist? Or...dot dot dot, question marks?

Will take a look at this, your second point makes sense definitely.

Just a note, you do not have to go to your inventory to change the counts, you can do so from the dialog you get by clicking on the red card count on the card listing in the trade.

Thanks guys.

So in IronMagus's case where you have only one card and don't want to trade it multiple times the only fix needed would be to check that it's still in the inventory (not tradelist) on accepting.

But let's say I have five copies of a card in my inventory. I want to keep four and trade one so I put only one on my tradelist. The tradelist check will stop me from accidentally trading away an extra copy from my inventory and that's great.

That being said I think the experience can be improved:

1. Add a message below the trade window that informs the user they're trading cards that are not on their tradelist and so will not be able to complete the trade (In addition to the red highlighting)
2. On an Accept action, does it check all of the cards in the trade or just the cards of the trader performing the action? Would ideally check them all to protect both traders.
3. It would save time in some cases if it also performed this check on the Propose action. This should probably only check the cards of the proposing user, because I think it's a better user experience to have the other user get an error on Accepting instead of relying on the user who's Proposal action failed to tell the other user that they need to put cards on their tradelist.
4. Could this have an "auto-fix"? i.e. I click propose or accept and it gives me the error, but asks if I want to add those cards to my tradelist and continue the action. Nice.

Thanks!

d72B wrote:

That being said I think the experience can be improved:

2. On an Accept action, does it check all of the cards in the trade or just the cards of the trader performing the action? Would ideally check them all to protect both traders.
3. It would save time in some cases if it also performed this check on the Propose action. This should probably only check the cards of the proposing user, because I think it's a better user experience to have the other user get an error on Accepting instead of relying on the user who's Proposal action failed to tell the other user that they need to put cards on their tradelist.
4. Could this have an "auto-fix"? i.e. I click propose or accept and it gives me the error, but asks if I want to add those cards to my tradelist and continue the action. Nice.

I think these are wonderful ideas. I like the idea of not being able to trade out of inventory and these seem like a really good fix for issues surrounding that.