Topic: [request] expanded card import expression

Would it be possible to expand language used in card import dialog? Importing large lists of cards with just the default values setting is cumbersome. Some optional symbols would allow for importing large lists of cards without the need of further modifications of each card expansion, language etc. An example of expanded expression:

2 Abrupt Decay rtr nm eng

Re: [request] expanded card import expression

Yep, some improvement is necessary there.

Someone also mentioned in the announcement thread that he does not like the auto-add side-effect of the current import widget, and I kind of agree, it's not what you want a lot of the time.

I will try out some things with the input, pherhaphs we can make one where it autocompletes the card as you type, then before pressing enter the focus moves to a second field where you get a default edition and if you start typing a different one, it autocompletes that one, then same for condition, and same for language.

Whenever you press enter, it then adds the card with the selected options. I'll try some things out.

Hi, I'm new to the site. Love it. I came to the forums to ask this exact question. the ability to specify the set (at the very least), would be awesome. The ability to specify foil/promo/textless, quality, and language would just be gravy. Thanks.

Edit: specify via import text*

Last edited by DudeVonDude (2014-10-11 17:49:27)

sebi wrote:

Someone also mentioned in the announcement thread that he does not like the auto-add side-effect of the current import widget, and I kind of agree, it's not what you want a lot of the time.

I think it would be best if the functionality were split, e.g. IMPORT (to tradelist from inventory) and ADD (to tradelist and inventory)

sebi wrote:

I will try out some things with the input, pherhaphs we can make one where it autocompletes the card as you type, then before pressing enter the focus moves to a second field where you get a default edition and if you start typing a different one, it autocompletes that one, then same for condition, and same for language.

Whenever you press enter, it then adds the card with the selected options. I'll try some things out.

Please add the quantity too! Right now when I want to add four of a card I type the name and click, then click the + button three times or modify the number for the edition, and then I have to remember to hit Apply!

d72B wrote:
sebi wrote:

I think it would be best if the functionality were split, e.g. IMPORT (to tradelist from inventory) and ADD (to tradelist and inventory)

What you described as IMPORT would be very convenient. One-click solution for making cards from your inventory available for trade would help a lot of people who actively trade/sell cards. But the second one would result in automatically making available for trade all new cards. Much better option would be a checkbox "add to tradelist" in import widget and/or optional keyword in expanded import language.