Topic: Feature Request: FTV: Legends (and innistrad!)

FTV: Legends has been out a while but hasn't been added to the db yet. Also, innistrad is now fully spoiled by wizards: http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/articl … istrad/cig

Re: Feature Request: FTV: Legends (and innistrad!)

Deckbox.org gets all their card data from Gatherer which, although provided by wizards, does not yet contain innistrad.  Once the Gatherer database has innistrad deckbox will get it.  Here is a prior feature request for the same thing that got answered by sebi.

http://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1054

I'm not sure about FTV: Legends.

Last edited by Tawnos (2011-09-20 14:52:05)

Guess that explains why DotP decks arent here since they arent listed in Gatherer

Innistrad and FTV: Legends are, at least as of today, BOTH on gatherer.

Would love to see Innistrad on the site soon, especially as the pre-release events are happening and people are starting to get the cards.

Gatherer now has Innastrad. smile woot. Prerelease tournies were fuuuuuuuuun!

guys,so,when will be innistrad on deckbox?..i really want to create some decks with the inn cards:)

sebi wrote:

We get the information from gatherer, who usually is updated with new sets a few days before the prerelease.

As we are off on holiday the next couple of weeks, the new set data will most probably be imported on sunday the 25th of september.

Based on the above quote (and the fact that Gatherer has Innistrad already) it's reasonable to assume that Deckbox does not get its card data from Gatherer in real time.  It looks like an import process is ran manually that brings the card data from Gatherer to the local Deckbox databases for performance reasons.  The good thing is that once the cards have been imported this site can access them significantly faster than if they were getting them directly.  The bad thing is that users of this site may have to exercise additional patience from time to time (like when a set release coincides with a Deckbox holiday). 

I, for one, would rather have the website run faster overall.  Even if it means I have to wait a few extra days for new sets.  If I had to guess, I bet Deckbox.org doesn't like running the import process any more than you like waiting for it to be ran.  wink