Topic: N: Shocks

I have

VoR
2 Snapcaster Mage
Scalding Tarn

Foil MM Dark Confidant

I would want 4-5 shocks for snappy, 8-9 for the scalding tarn, 6-7 for the voice

and the foil bob is negotiable, let me know!

Re: N: Shocks

Considering that or every trade they are giving you at least one free shockland, I am very doubtful anyone will do these trades.

EX: Steam Vents the cheapest shock land is 7.5 versus the 20 of Snapcaster(both as per TCG featured seller) the 4 Steam Vents would be worth 30 dollars, a significant price jump versus the snapcaster, heck 3 Steam Vents is already giving you value. The Voice is 38, 6 Steam Vents would be 45, the Tarn is not standard so I will leave it out as prices fluctuate too much between standard, and not.

What youre asking is completely unreasonable.  People dont trade at some arbitrary value that you decide to set (since when does $20 = 4-5 shocks?) they trade at what the cards are actually worth.

Mosh00Rider wrote:

Considering that or every trade they are giving you at least one free shockland, I am very doubtful anyone will do these trades.

EX: Steam Vents the cheapest shock land is 7.5 versus the 20 of Snapcaster(both as per TCG featured seller) the 4 Steam Vents would be worth 30 dollars, a significant price jump versus the snapcaster, heck 3 Steam Vents is already giving you value. The Voice is 38, 6 Steam Vents would be 45, the Tarn is not standard so I will leave it out as prices fluctuate too much between standard, and not.

Bmil wrote:

What youre asking is completely unreasonable.  People dont trade at some arbitrary value that you decide to set (since when does $20 = 4-5 shocks?) they trade at what the cards are actually worth.

I completely agree with Bmil and Mosh00Rider, Rip-off trades are not a good way to make a name for yourself.

In response to the other comments, yeah I guess the prices are pretty high, but I want shocks and alot of people need eternal value and I am looking for them to trade up to my cards, either way comments that only hate on my prices don't serve anyone.

Actually  I will agree with the other people, the comments are not to hate on the prices, but to rather alert you that you will get no offers, so in a sense the replies are mostly to serve you. I could probably get a better deal trading for star city games store credit at buylist prices and then buying on their website is how bad your offer is.

MTG_Player wrote:

In response to the other comments, yeah I guess the prices are pretty high, but I want shocks and alot of people need eternal value and I am looking for them to trade up to my cards, either way comments that only hate on my prices don't serve anyone.

There is no real "eternal value" here considering how many shocks you're asking for, you're way overvaluing your cards and undervaluing their cards. If somebody were to offer me VoR for 7 of my shocks I would just walk away.  I do not know anybody who will do this trade, trading shocks for roughly half of what they are worth is something nobody will do, shocks are very easy to get rid of because of their high demand.

As for "eternal value", shocks are seeing tons of play in modern, they are the definition of eternal value.  Your best bet would be to go to star city or tcgplayer or card kingdom to get a good idea of where your cards stand in trade value and then look up shock lands to get an idea of how many you can get, keep in mind that some shocks are cheaper than others and I'm seeing fewer "shock for shock" trades

Last edited by Bmil (2013-07-29 21:34:47)

Snapcaster mage is only #4 used card in Modern, not even top 50 in legacy (http://www.mtggoldfish.com/format-stapl … n/full/all) and played less then shocklands in modern.

MTG_Player wrote:

Was just taking the time out of my day to inform you of the likely actions of the community, if you do not wish to change your mind that is all up to you.

in this guys defense, after snap rotates out, and if not reprinted or something better isn't reprinted, I can see the price jumping quite a bit after about a year when its in high demand for modern. even so I would never trade shocks for any of these

TBittenbender wrote:

in this guys defense, after snap rotates out, and if not reprinted or something better isn't reprinted, I can see the price jumping quite a bit after about a year when its in high demand for modern. even so I would never trade shocks for any of these

thats not relevant considering that you dont trade for what a card could POSSIBLY go to in the future, you trade at current value on both sides.  If he actually wants shocks he is going to have to accept that his cards are not worth what he wants to get out of them.