Topic: Trading for Uncommons/Commons for my Cubes!

I should've posted here first hmm

I'm building a Pauper (commons) and Peasant (commons + uncommons) cube. I need cards ranging from 10c to $15, most of them falling in the <$1 range. I've received a lot of cards so far but I still need many more. If they are on my wishlist, then I need them. I am willing to downtrade my significantly more expensive cards to finish my cubes, but I'll want significant extra value if I do that. If it's on my tradelist then it's up for grabs.

Good Example: You want my $10 shockland and offer me 30x cards worth a total of $16. I'll do this.

Bad Example: You want my $10 shockland and offer me 30x cards with a total of $10.02. I will look at your offer with a mixture of disappointment and contempt. You'll feel this through the monitor and I will hope that it will be mildly unpleasant for you.

Let's be honest: those $0.30 cards are technically worth that much, but it's next to impossible to actually trade/sell them to anybody. They'll be sitting in your shoebox for an eternity, never to see any real use, until you either throw it out or sell all your junk in bulk for next to nothing. When was the last time you saw a post saying "I NEED YOUR STINGSCOURGER! I WILL TRADE ANYTHING FOR IT"? I want to put those cards to use. The real value of the card if the time/effort it takes on your part to look for it and pull it out, that's all. Your kindling cards + a little time/effort = cards you want from me. That simple.

THERE ARE ALSO A FEW MONEY CARDS THAT I NEED! Particularly in Peasant. Demonic Tutor, Ancient Tomb, and Chain Lightning are ones that I can think of off the top of my head. So it's not just all 30c cards.

I'll do local trades to save you the postage. I'm available to trade on weekends, preferably at around 5pm (I'm at 401games at 6 for EDH).

You'll notice a lot of people are sending me offers. Local Toronto trades have priority over all the rest. That doesn't mean that I WILL take your offer, however. Every day or so I'm accepting another offer and removing 10+ cards from my wishlist so things can change. Please don't send me an offer if you think because you took the time to pull out cards that I owe you something.

Apologies if this post comes across as snarky or mean. That's not my intention. Constructing these cubes has been incredibly more time consuming than I would have thought and I've spent literally hours going through so many offers so I have a good idea of what I want/expect so I want to pass that info to you guys.

Last edited by Delandel (2013-09-08 14:35:51)