Topic: Selling a few cards & Looking for a few EDH pieces!

This is my first go at selling a few cards, so I'd like to try and keep it to the list below.

I understand that some may disagree with my pricing, and that is fine. 
If you disagree with my pricing, please do not feel the need to post saying so. 
I respect your opinion on pricing, as I trust that you would respect mine.  Thank you! big_smile

• All cards are NM/NM- unless specifically noted otherwise.

• All prices are approximately halfway between TCG mid and TCG low, rounded to the nearest dollar.

• Payment will be accepted through paypal under goods and services.

• I live in Canada and mainly conduct trades going in to USA with zero postal issues over the time that I have been trading on deckbox.

• I will ship to Canada and USA.

• Any sales will be provided with free shipping, but I am unable to offer tracking for free.

• If you wish to have tracking on the sale, I request that you be willing to pay for it.  If you do, I will provide insurance.

• Prices are not final, and open to some negotiation.  If you wish to negotiate, open a trade and give me an offer.  I like working things out!

• Alternatively, I am open to trading these for some of my prime EDH/Theros Standard wants.

The cards that I have for sale are as follow:

Morningtide Mutavault x4  $19 each, or $65 for the playset.
Shards of Alara Elspeth, Knight-Errant x1 $22

I am also looking for a few things for my EDH deck.  I am in need of:

Birds of Paradise x1 (M11 buy a box foil)
Bladewing the Risen x1 (FTV Dragons)
Artifact Mutation x1 (Invasion)
Demonic Tutor x1 (Divine vs Demonic Duel Deck or Unlimited, DD version preferred)
Ambition's Cost x1 (8th edition, foil preferred)
Void x1 (Invasion)
Scroll Rack x1 (Tempest or Commander's Arsenel)
Sylvan Library x1 (Legends or Commander's Arsenel)
Sarkhan Vol x1 (Shards of Alara)
Dormant Volcano x1 (Visions)
Command Tower x1 (Commander's Arsenel)
Fire-Lit Thicket x1 (Shadowmoor)
Maze of Ith x1 (The Dark or FTV: Realms, either is awesome)
Twilight Mire x1 (Eventide)
Kozilek, Butcher of Truth x1 (Rise of the Eldrazi)
Dragonmaster Outcast x1 (Worldwake)

Other deck needs:

Jace, Architect of Thought x2 (Return to Ravnica)
Chandra, Pyromaster x3 (Magic 2014)
Deathrite Shaman x4 (Return to Ravnica)

As always, thank you for taking the time to check out my thread, and feel free to open a trade with me to discuss a possible trade or sale!

Have a great day folks, and happy trading!

Last edited by Kei_Asaki (2013-09-24 23:04:38)

Re: Selling a few cards & Looking for a few EDH pieces!

I have a legends sylvan library, and Italian dark maze of ith, future sight graven cairns and Japanese fire lot thicket. Take a look at the rest I my list and let me know if you're interested.

Themaddhatter2304 wrote:

I have a legends sylvan library, and Italian dark maze of ith, future sight graven cairns and Japanese fire lot thicket. Take a look at the rest I my list and let me know if you're interested.

Opened a discussion with you. smile

I have a copy of Ambition's Cost, though non-foil.

A couple suggestions -

1. You should always provide tracking on everything you sell. This is for both the buyer and seller's protection. Delivery confirmation is free when purchasing postage online. You can purchase <3oz postage from Paypal with delivery confirmation for USD 1.70.

2. Ignore TCGPlayer mid when pricing. Go to ebay, look at the cheapest BIN price for the same card, and match or undercut it. This is the first thing anyone who buys cards regularly does when they see people selling cards online.

3. Pictures help when selling cards. It's usually unnecessary when selling things under a certain dollar value, but "NM" and "NM-" do not mean the same thing to everyone.

mtgtradingthread wrote:

A couple suggestions -
1. You should always provide tracking on everything you sell. This is for both the buyer and seller's protection. Delivery confirmation is free when purchasing postage online. You can purchase <3oz postage from Paypal with delivery confirmation for USD 1.70.
2. Ignore TCGPlayer mid when pricing. Go to ebay, look at the cheapest BIN price for the same card, and match or undercut it. This is the first thing anyone who buys cards regularly does when they see people selling cards online.
3. Pictures help when selling cards. It's usually unnecessary when selling things under a certain dollar value, but "NM" and "NM-" do not mean the same thing to everyone.

Since the majority of people that I deal with are in the states, and I live in Canada, I would be paying more than what I'm asking to provide for tracking.  Even tracking within Canada costs a fair bit, with the cheapest being $10 within Canada.  If I'm not mistaken, to provide tracking going into USA costs $15+, and I just can not afford to do that.

In terms of pricing, this is my first go, and I've had a few conflicting opinions on pricing, so I decided to try it on a middle ground between tcg mid and low.  Adjustments can always be made, and I am open to offers outside of the posted price.

Concerning grading, I go by the SCG grading guide.  Most of the cards I have listed are out of pack and in to sleeve quality, and some have extremely minor play to them, if any at all.  I judged them according to SCG's quality guide and I don't know of any other quality guide that I could follow.
Edit:  Unfortunately, I don't have access to a scanner, so all I can do is be extremely critical of any imperfections on the cards.

Thank you for your constructive suggestions, I will definitely keep them in mind. big_smile

Last edited by Kei_Asaki (2013-09-13 02:28:16)

Since the majority of people that I deal with are in the states, and I live in Canada, I would be paying more than what I'm asking to provide for tracking.  Even tracking within Canada costs a fair bit, with the cheapest being $10 within Canada.  If I'm not mistaken, to provide tracking going into USA costs $15+, and I just can not afford to do that.

That's too bad, that makes it much more difficult. I know some people are apprehensive about buying/trading with people in Canada because of the time it can take cards to reach there. I've had no problems, but it's something you should let people know when you post. GL

mtgtradingthread wrote:

That's too bad, that makes it much more difficult. I know some people are apprehensive about buying/trading with people in Canada because of the time it can take cards to reach there. I've had no problems, but it's something you should let people know when you post. GL

Ironically, the only postal issues that I have encountered have been in sending to Toronto, Ontario.  Not a single of my trades in to USA have had an issue.  I find it kind of funny.

Early morning bump!

Discussion started for 3x Cryptic

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

UnstableFlux wrote:

Discussion started for 3x Cryptic

Epic.  Responded. big_smile

Evening bump. smile

Possibly interested in the Lillys, not sure I want to pay that yet.

Afternoon bump!

Evening bump!

Afternoon bump!

Hup!

Morning bump!

Hup!

Evening bump!

Late night bump!

Hup!

Hup!

Hup!

Afternoon bump!