Topic: Super curious about the new planeswalkers

Ok I'm mainly a standard or edh player. But I want to know from all players, which of the theros planeswalkers is best all around. I'm talking every format. I just want to get some opinions on whether or not they are any good and in which formats do they shine. Let me know what you think!

Re: Super curious about the new planeswalkers

Xenagos, the Reveler is probably the most promising, with the new Elspeth being second.  There is going to be a LOT of gruul like decks out there looking to use him as a big ass bomb, and probably even some jund seeing a different playstyle, landing in midrange.

Boros humans is also looking extremely strong, using the heroism mechanic and some decent cantrips.

I'd imagine new Elspeth could see play in a control deck. Her +1 is obnoxious, her -4 really controls the field, and her -7 is a good finisher with a bunch of small creatures (like, say, her tokens)

No ashiok?

Avnartt wrote:

No ashiok?

Ashiok is the worst of the 3(at least that is the consensus).

Not saying she's bad at all. My friend is making a homebrew deck with her called "Your Deck the Deck" and it's actually pretty cool. Problem is that Xenegos is obnoxiously good and Elspeth is fairly powerful as well, so she's getting swept under the rug.