Re: Wishing everyone a successful Pre-release

That is awesome congrats! Didn't have spare cash to go this weekend sadly hmm

I placed 7/68 and got 8 Bonus packs. big_smile

Went 3-1, good for 4 bonus packs.  Played U/W tempo.   Also traded for 2 of the 4 thoughtseizes i'm looking for.  All in all a good prerelease.

I got top 10 rocking G/W with Boon Satyr and Fleecemane Lion, netting 2 packs for my first prerelease.

Second prerelease I was rocking B/R with Ember Swallower, Hero's Downfall, and Rageblood Shaman.  Ended up 5th with 4 packs.

All in all, pretty good prerelease day. smile

Top 4 split out of 84 people (7 rounds + top 8.  Went 5-1-1 lost shouldn't have happened except I tilted pretty bad on G3) .  22 packs each. 

Played GW with dudes for days + 3 God's Willing + 2 Savage Surge.  Bestow is a pretty insane mechanic.  Removal in the format is super janky so it was basically Voltron vs Voltron in which case, the Voltron with God's Willing comes out ahead.  It basically lets you not get tempo'd out by Griptide/Voyage's End or whatever for the low price of W.  Oh and Double Strike is dumb as always.

Last edited by Neokarasu (2013-09-22 06:21:42)

Split top prize, over 120 people with 0 playable rares. Had to play tempo blue white fliers.

MVPs: Sea God's Revenge (great falter effect, blow out)
          Griptide
          Wavecrash Triton (in my deck, way better than Triton Fortune Hunter)
          Gods Willing
          Celestial Archon
          Heliod's Emissary
          Anything with Bestow in general, the utility was great in my opinion

Ephara’s Warden (didn't realize she was in my pulls, would have been great)
          Prowler's Helm (just stupid, there are very few walls, didn't play but was extremely powerful in green)

top got 9 boosters and 2nd got 6, so we split the 8-7. Should I bust them open? I'll probably use them to draft.

outofstep wrote:

Tip for everyone here... sit across from me and you'll open great cards while watching me shake my head in disbelief/frustration.

OK, for once I had the good luck. Box contained Xenagos, Erebos, Nylea, Fleecemane Lion and some scry land. Only used Erebos, but he kicked some ass. Went 4-0 and got 10 packs, which I haven't opened yet. Good times.

outofstep wrote:
outofstep wrote:

Tip for everyone here... sit across from me and you'll open great cards while watching me shake my head in disbelief/frustration.

OK, for once I had the good luck. Box contained Xenagos, Erebos, Nylea, Fleecemane Lion and some scry land. Only used Erebos, but he kicked some ass. Went 4-0 and got 10 packs, which I haven't opened yet. Good times.

Are you willing to trade to Canada?  Because I'd love to get that Xenagos.  I didn't have any decent pools. sad