Topic: Help me give my opponents creatures to kill with an Oros EDH

I'm working on putting together an EDH deck with Oros, the Avenger at the helm.  I want to build a deck that wins by giving my opponents resources in the form of creatures, and then killing those creatures. 

Here's my list so far.

The cards listed in the sideboard are things I'm already considering.  What I'm looking for are other ways to deal damage or force life loss on creatures entering the battlefield or dying.  Also with some of my sweepers being damage spells redirecting or reflecting damage from creatures to their controllers seems relevant.  Flamebreak is a lot cooler with Repercussion in play.

There's a sub theme in this deck of redirecting damage to Mogg Maniac and friends.  I like the idea of using obscure cards like Blaze of Glory to mess with combat and throw a mogg in front of an army.  Also instants like that seem more fun in general.  Especially when messing with other people's combat.

I'm also open to trades for any cards that are in the deck that I'm missing.  (Check my wish list).

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2013-10-07 15:12:25)

Re: Help me give my opponents creatures to kill with an Oros EDH

You could use Haunted Angel.  I'm sure that there are more that you're not using, but I can't think of any right now.

psrex wrote:

You could use Haunted Angel.  I'm sure that there are more that you're not using, but I can't think of any right now.

I had one of those in my binder for ages and nothing I could do with it so I traded it. Seems ok, but not sure it's better than other options.  That's the type of random stuff I'm looking for though. Hunted Horror is another one that I've dismissed for now because the creatures it makes might be harder to deal with.

Look at group hug edh decks for inspiration.
There's a whole hunted cycle of creatures that dump tokens on your opponents.  hunted wumpus,hunted lammasu, hunted dragon, hunted horror, forbidden orchard, and acorn catapult are all common choices.

Last edited by MyRevival (2013-09-25 06:35:24)

MyRevival wrote:

Look at group hug edh decks for inspiration.
There's a whole hunted cycle of creatures that dump tokens on your opponents.  hunted wumpus,hunted lammasu, hunted dragon, hunted horror, forbidden orchard, and acorn catapult are all common choices.

These are good suggestions, but of these Hunted Wumpus is not in my colors, Hunted Lammasu makes creatures that are probably too big (I'm looking at a cut off of 3/3s since those are easier to kill), Hunted Dragon is already in my deck, Hunted Horror I'm considering but the pro black seems relevant, Forbidden Orchard is on my wants list, and listed as in the deck, and Acorn Catapult is in the deck.

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2013-09-25 13:16:49)

Oh. There must have been a secand page that I missed when I went through the decklist. Sorry about the redundancy.

MyRevival wrote:

Oh. There must have been a second page that I missed when I went through the decklist. Sorry about the redundancy.

It's fine, the ideas are solid.  smile  I've been moving things into and out of the deck, and leaving what I'm still considering on the sideboard.

Akroan Horse? It would have to be a really specific set of circumstances to make it work though.

MyRevival wrote:

Akroan Horse? It would have to be a really specific set of circumstances to make it work though.

Yeah, I saw this card when it was spoiled, and thought about it.  It could work in a good multiplayer environment, but like you said it's pretty specific.